Evans waterless coolant

teejay

I did a lot of research on it with a view to running it in the charge cooler on my zed. The general consensus is that it isnt as effective a coolant as a conventional water based coolant like the Nissan stuff. The real benefit it has is that it doesnt pressurize which makes it better for older less efficient or perhaps porous coolant systems.

For track use it may be worth checking up on whether its legal, I know some events insist on water only

Site like this may be useful , there is a lot of less useful anecdotal info around

http://www.norosion.com/evanstest.htm

After proper conversion to the Evans products, the average temperature of engine cylinder heads increased by 115-140oF, versus running with No-Rosion and water.

The reason for hotter cylinder heads relates to the specific heat capacity of these different fluids. Water has a specific heat capacity of 1.00. It transfers heat more effectively than any other fluid, and is therefore used as the reference fluid in the scientific measure of specific heat capacity. Comparatively, the specific heat capacity of the various glycol solutions in the Evans products ranges from 0.64 to 0.68. So they conduct roughly half as much heat as does water, or water with No-Rosion. (No-Rosion does not alter the specific heat capacity of water.)

Cylinder head temperatures of 115-140oF hotter with the Evans products translates to a stabilized bulk coolant temperature increase of 31-48oF, as compared to No-Rosion and water.