Radiator Fans not working

indy88

Hi all,

I have an 05 Nissan 350z.

Recently the engine nearly overheated as I noticed the temperature gauge go higher than it should. I've had a friend take a look at it who is a mechanic (but not too familiar with 350z's) and he noticed that both radiator fans werent functioning.

Now he found this surprising and said it was rare for both fans to go at the same time. We did a few checks on fuses etc and everything seemed OK.

My question to the guys here is:

1. Is this a common issue?

2. Is there something else which could be at play which I should take a look at?

3. Thinking of repairs, is replacing the fans a straight forward job that most mechanics can do? (I usually use Horsham Developments but they're pretty far)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. You might have seen elsewhere on the forum that I am in the middle of this myself.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/110377-cooling-fan-control-issue/ http://www.350z-uk.c...rlyoverheating/

I put some new Mishimotos on, didn't like the results (single speed instead of two speed, plus very noisy...) and have now bought some used OEM fans off Emperor Tuning (breaker on this website, and he has more...).which I will put on the car next week.

Which tells you what I recommend you do....

If my newly acquired OEM's fail, I have obtained a couple of other failed OEM fans (for free) to have a go at refurbishing... (cos I don't want the car off the road while I mess about...)

The good news for you is that If you decide to go the Mishimoto route, I can sell you an unused (fitted but not driven...) set of Mishimoto's for a discounted price...

John

Edited by johnnyboy