Workaround after installing a Pioneer CarPlay head unit

G4VNV

Morning all,

New here, only had my 350z for a few weeks!

I was wondering if anyone in the South West, particularly near Weston-super-Mare or Bristol can do the workaround to increase the sound after installing head unit?

I love my new unit, but the bass is just not as punchy as it was with the bose head unit, and it just doesn't sound as good! I'm guessing the work around sticky thread would resolve this?

A quick £50 to anyone able to do this near me! :)

Thanks

Gavin

Edited by G4VNV

Or could I just keep the HU in place and replace the Bose amp with http://www.halfords....annel-amplifier

Is this easy enough to get at and do, and would this fix the problem?

Thanks

Anyone able to answer the question quoted?

Thanks

I have installed an after market Alpine amp tonight and wired up the stock Bose sub so I didnt have to replace that not sure about the unit in the link but I dont think it should be a problem.

• Like 1

Or could I just keep the HU in place and replace the Bose amp with http://www.halfords....annel-amplifier

Is this easy enough to get at and do, and would this fix the problem?

Thanks

Anyone able to answer the question quoted?

Thanks

I have installed an after market Alpine amp tonight and wired up the stock Bose sub so I didnt have to replace that not sure about the unit in the link but I dont think it should be a problem.

Thanks for the reply Erni.

Do you think if I did this it would fix the poor sub/speaker sound quality after fitting an aftermarket HU?

Was it a simple job to swab the old for the new one? Which amp did you use do you know?

Cheers

Hi mate, I used an Alpine unit. MRV-something or other haha. I will check tomorrow in the daylight for you. I have a spare one here that I am not using as the car had 2 in when I bought it. For me it wasn't too much of a headache as most of the wiring had been done for me it just wasn't correctly connected. Headunit was also already in the car.

As I say, when I bought the car the sound was terrible (headunit was on 30+ and still a very low and 'tinny' sound). Now its alot better, headunit doesnt need to be anywhere near as high and it was ddead easy to wire the factory sub up to the amp so have some decent bass again.

Here is a pic of where the amps were when I bought the car:

20160801_183308_zpskl70zp3s.jpg

And here is a pic of where I have moved it to:

20160819_190110_zpsx7hjzwtw.jpg

Depending on your location we could meet up and take a look at your situation and Ill bring my spare amp and we can attempt to hook it up and see if it makes a difference or not. If it does then you are welcome to purchase the amp off me or you can go ahead an buy another of your choice knowing that it will give you the sound your after before you shell out on a new one.

Cheers Erni.

Where are you based? I see location Northampton/Hereford, Hereford should be fairly easy to get to.

I'm useless at anything like this though, so unless it involves simply swabbing the 2 amps then I'm lost! I see yours is in the glove box, the standard Bose amp is in the boot somewhere isn't it? Also what's the yellow bit in your pic, my car doesn't have that, it has the glove box and then sub behind drivers seat.

Mine is a roadster so don't know if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Hi mate, I am in Hereford during the week and Northampon way during the weekends although the odd weekend such as this coming weekend I spend in Hereford.

Could always meet halfway somewhere if that helps at all.

Not entirely sure about the roadsters and I havent actually located the amp yet (didnt need to) but believe it is in the boot somewhere.

Aha the orange bit is simply the centre console/armrest bit but mine has been covered in a custom orange leather.

If you fancy meeting up this weekend give me a shout mate