Busters Mod - without hacking the head unit harness

smckenna404

I recently fitted a sony xav-601bt in my Z, not wanting to massacre the sony wiring harness, but still wanting to do busters mod to get decent volume from the stock bose i went to maplin and bought the following:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/hama-car-hi-fi-extension-cable-iso-jack-to-iso-plug-11cm-a49fl

Basically you chop this harness in half (well you cut the male end with the pins off), then you follow busters mod and chop the RCA connectors off the Nissan > ISO harness and connect the two - this replaces the RCA pins with a standard ISO speaker block which can then be plugged into the head unit itselfs harness. Quite straight forward and means the head unit can be sold with the harness in-tact if you decide to upgrade.

Hope this makes sense\helps someone - no pics as it was a last minute idea I had while the car was in bits!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, has anyone used one of the these on the stock bose system with a different HU?

PAC-ROEM NIS2 Active System Adapter for Nissan

yup I have, it is the only way to run a aftermarket HU correctly with the factory BOSE/CLARION amps, it rectifies the impedance/voltage differences between the HU and amps, doing a wiring hack is ok if you want to overdrive the amps and blow your brains out. I got mine direct from autoleads along with the standard non bose HU iso adapter, you will need both if you source from Autoleads, 5 minutes plug and play Perfect.

CLARION 505E

Does using busters mod help with clarity at all would you think?

I mean the standard bose isnt designed to work off of the low voltage preout, but high level input (speaker wiring directly from the head unit).. So would it affect sound quality as well as volume using low level input instead of high?

• 2 weeks later...

I have done Busters mod on my car and the sound difference is incredible. Much better clarity and bass and can crank it much more without distortion.

Cleaner signal into the amp means cleaner signal out

Edited by Yorkie
  • Like 2