Swapping Cats back in

GT Driver

If you have all the old nuts for the cats, then no more than 2 hours.

I just did this on Saturday on my back in the driveway, so should be a good bit quicker with a lift.

I had my decats in for 2 months, and put the cats back in for MOT.

Edit : I had a tea break half way through ;)

Edited by bizizl

I just did this on Saturday on my back in the driveway, so should be a good bit quicker with a lift.

So 1 hour then ;):lol:

You'll be getting a call when mine fails on emissions :lol:

Got this sorted on Saturday morning so stock cats are back in!

The decats were a little disappointing I thought - I had done a lot of reading about them but didn't realise they were as raspy as there were in real life! Also I had noticed a little torque loss when fitted - but in fairness I had no mapping done. This was confirmed when I took the car for a blast after the oem cats were refitted. Now pulls like a train.

Did the pedal dance too and cleared the EML.

The decats were a little disappointing I thought - I had done a lot of reading about them but didn't realise they were as raspy as there were in real life! Also I had noticed a little torque loss when fitted - but in fairness I had no mapping done. This was confirmed when I took the car for a blast after the oem cats were refitted. Now pulls like a train.

It's funny, I thought I noticed more torque with the cats in after I went from decats -> cats, but you don't really notice a loss the other way around, so I'm happy enough. I enjoy the noise too much as it is though, although I'm not sure I could make it a daily with the decats in!

• Like 1

It's funny, I thought I noticed more torque with the cats in after I went from decats -> cats, but you don't really notice a loss the other way around, so I'm happy enough. I enjoy the noise too much as it is though, although I'm not sure I could make it a daily with the decats in!

I'll second this, I definitely noticed a loss in torque when I put the decats in. Also doesn't feel like it's pulls as well top end. I haven't got round to mapping mine yet either so I'm sure that would sort any issues anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll second this, I definitely noticed a loss in torque when I put the decats in. Also doesn't feel like it's pulls as well top end. I haven't got round to mapping mine yet either so I'm sure that would sort any issues anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the car just felt sluggish approaching 3k rpm - and with the oem cats back in it now has a strong pull from 2k onwards. I know with the berks they 'hiss' around the 2-3 rpm mark when coming off throttle - say approaching a traffic light. You can actually feel a bit of 'drag' during this time - the car is pulling back or something - definitely a restriction in the system.