Key fob battery

jimmy.farrow7

I changed my Zed key fob battery a couple of months ago, without any problems.

If you change the battery over quickly enough, I found I didn't need to reprogramme. However, mine is a UK Zed, but I would have thought all key fobs were the same.

Hope this helps.

I think my battery in my key fob is on its way out, is it a simple task of buying a battery and changing it over or does it have to be reprogrammed. If i change it over can it cause problems, i have a JDM 2 button key fob

Its a simple task of just changing the battery.

I bought a pair of batteries a few months ago - you're welcome to the spare if you want it - PM me and I'll post it to you.

TT

This was the first type of topic I read before purchasing my Zed in October last year and sure enough one of the key fobs had a flat battery.

I'd prepared myself for the worst after buying 2 new Duracell replacements ( a re-sync of both fobs ), changed the dead fob first and to my pleasant surprise it worked without any re-programming etc, the battery had been removed for a few days as well.

I then replaced the other one and was chuffed I'd avoided any of the problems associated with replacing the batteries, maybe I was just lucky.

Edited by Gerry40

BTW reprogramming is a piece of piddle should you ever get stuck

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yet again Ricey I require your expertise it would seem, I need a fob re-programming/copying :D will add it to the list? ;)

Edited by Ollydykins
  • Like 1