Warranty- service

RobZed

So I have a first service this year but I want to take it to a top garage like the one in leciester you guys mention a lot. My question is keeping it away from Nissan and test pilots is ; will it invalidate the warranty if it's not Nissan.. I just don't trust Nissan unless I go to a nismo centre as its not a micra and they just don't understand the difference

• Like 1

I would not pin too many hopes on a Nismo Centre either!

My local one is hopeless as soon as the few bits that had to be done following the sale were done, it has not gone back.

Mine is under their used car warranty and they have stated, that it only needs servicing by a vat registered garage for the used car warranty to be valid as long as they follow the Nissan service list, which I had Horsham Developments complete although they do even more.

I think your only issue maybe goodwill after your warranty expires if you are under the new car warranty.

Hiya RobZed,

I've just had my 4 year service done on my Zed,

I went to Nissan in Leamington and found them to be OK,

I'm nearer to Birmingham but all the Birmingham Nissan dealerships have rubbish Google reviews,

Leamington has atleast decent reviews,

I told them not to wash it which they didn't, they gave me a courtesy car for the day and 12 month's Nissan Breakdown cover.

I also clocked the mileage when I left it,

It had an extra 2 miles on the clock when I collected it, so really hadn't gone out of Leamington, so no long test drive and excuse to thrash it.

I'm not saying they are going to be any better than anyone else after using them only once but may be worth a look.

Edited by bigfoot
  • Like 1

The correct answer is that on a brand new car, you can take your car anywhere to be serviced as long as they use OEM-quality parts, without affecting your warranty. That is enshrined in European law.

• Like 2

The correct answer is that on a brand new car, you can take your car anywhere to be serviced as long as they use OEM-quality parts, without affecting your warranty. That is enshrined in European law.

Tru dis ^

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Correct, the only reason to stay in the Dealer network for servicing is the potential of goodwill if something goes pop shortly after the warranty expires, which hopefully would not happen on a 3 year old car, which has been well looked after.

Edited by 370ZRDevon