Dribble..

mr_smith126

So i noticed this the other day after v.heavy rainfall..

Has not occured before, car does not steam up, perfectly dry.. until I saw this dribble..

Door rubbers are in good condition, soft and supple, gave them some shinitsu grease too..

Door rubber on passengers side has same 'indentation' from the triangular tweeter bit as does the drivers side..

Window goes up properly and seats where it should..

?? any ideas.. :shrug:

WP_20160713_001.jpg

WP_20160713_002.jpg

WP_20160713_003.jpg

WP_20160713_004.jpg

WP_20160713_008.jpg

WP_20160713_009.jpg

Edited by mr_smith126

Is that not just from when you opened the door and the water fell in?

+1 And the 350's are notorious for water dropping inside if you have water on the roof and a window ajar and you are making a turn, all down to the lack of guttering or similar to deflect the water run-off.

• Like 1

Is that not just from when you opened the door and the water fell in?

Nope, I noticed the water at the bottom with the door shut when i got in to drive home..

I used to get that on my Zed when I parked at home on the drive, ....is it a sloped drive you're parking on by any chance?

I always parked front end pointing downwards which is when the water was able to leak in slightly like this. If I parked with my cars front end pointing upwards then it wouldn't leak in but it wasn't easy to park that way so I used to put up with it as it was very minimal ingress.

This is not from opening the door.. The first pic is what I saw with the door shut..

Never had any leaks or water ingress to the car before.. No misting, no 'zeds are a bit like that'!

Car parked on the flat too Graham..

It was after the recent very heavy rain so I guess I'll keep an eye..

What I can't work out is that to leak from the point it is.. It would have to be getting in from the pillar trim as water can't travel upwards and in from the window seal.. this is one of those.. No-one had the same so gonna be hard to diagnose the issue..

What's under the trim above the door glass.. Where it meets the roof? This is the only place that would make sense to water getting in..

Get someone to hose water at the area while you are sitting in the car to see if you can trace the entry point.

Yeh, thought about that, but all you can see is where the water comes to the inside at the bottom of the door as first pic..

I can see the line of water where it has traveled down the plastic door trim so Im guessing it is above that which would be by the tweater trim.

So water is getting in here, but it cannot get in from window point, i.e travel upwards without a pressure washer, so must be getting in behind the rubber.. so this only leaves me with looking under the body colour coded trim above the door I guess..

I also just noticed on one of my pics that there seems to be a dribble coming out from behind the flat bit at the bottom of the pillar area.. this kinda tallys up with where we can see water lines down the door trim..

So it is getting behind the rubber then potentially leaking through at the point we can see a dribble.. perhaps!

WP_20160713_009.jpg

Edited by mr_smith126

I had the same problem, I thought it was where the outer side trim seal meets the windsreen because it was slightly off the screen in the lower 6". Tried pouring water down the screen on this side and didn't leak bu when I poured water on the roof section of the trim it leaked. Found it was coming in where the trim comes off the roof and down the screen right by the top screen trim there is a gap. Basically the water comes in rolls down behind the trim and gathers in the rubber at the bottom, this then leaks down the door rubber and into the car. I used some dum dum putty in the gap and it stopped most of it. But my plastic trim lifts away from the roof very slightly depending on temperature, going to remove the trim when I have time to find a complete fix.