wv2 .... p ?

wilo

having a real problem getting a colour match for my 04 DE .

tried 2 places using the vin code wv2 but one was too dark and the other was too silver.

just noticed on my vin theres a leter P after the WV2 code .

is this a shade ? and is it possible to get26ab4db47bc11a2fbf4d3f8101951d85.jpg this exact tint/ shade of WV2?

Edited by wilo

Your paint is 12 years old, so it will have faded and/or changed slightly with sun exposure etc. The only real way to colour match is either by eye or using a very expensive colour reading camera.

The "P" is trim colour :)

• Like 1

Your paint is 12 years old, so it will have faded and/or changed slightly with sun exposure etc. The only real way to colour match is either by eye or using a very expensive colour reading camera.

ahh cheers wondered what the P was for.

and yea I've tried finding a garrage in my area with a paint scanner but non round these parts as far as i know

and yea I've tried finding a garrage in my area with a paint scanner but non round these parts as far as i know

What is it your need painted?

What is it your need painted?

just a few small stone chips in bumper ..nothing major but i know there there so bugs me .was looking for a touch up pen in the correct tint of wv2

Except it won't be a perfect match, as the bumper is plastic and the fuel lid metal. We all know that the Zed is notorious for looking different colours on the rear 3/4 where you can see bumper + wing + fuel cap all in one.

I agree with Kyle, just get the bumper removed and sprayed off the car, it will always look slightly different but it'll be better than being full of stone chips.

• Like 2

yes i have a place local that mixes paint but there wv2 is more silvery than my paint work and the halfords stuff is to dark.

im thinking of having the bumper wrapped if i can get the wrap in the correct colour

yes i have a place local that mixes paint but there wv2 is more silvery than my paint work and the halfords stuff is to dark.

im thinking of having the bumper wrapped if i can get the wrap in the correct colour

Buy one of each and mix them? :lol: