Anyone experienced this??

shire350Z

When in a higher gear say 4th/5th/6th and at low revs if i put my foot down all the car does is rev!! the wheels dont spin and neither does the ESP light come on!!! but doesnt do it in first and very seldom in second!!!

thought it might be the clutch as smells that way a little but then would have thought it would do it in the lower gears as theres more force being applied!!! :wacko:

looks like a trip to nissan trip!!! :rant:

but thought id ask see if anyone else had experienced this or have any clue what it could be cheers :thumbs:

54 thousand!!!!well out off warranty anyway, looks like its a new clutch or could it be part of the clutch??? not to good with the technical side :lol:

bet its a bloody fortune whatever it is!!! Is it a engine out job for the clutch???

thats three bloody problems in less than three months :rant:

sterio skipping

rear axle clicking

clutch gone

and had a civic type R that revved its balls off for 3 years and never a single fault!!!

had a civic type R that revved its balls off for 3 years and never a single fault!!!

hondas are reliable but remember they don't usualy have to cope with 300bhp. i always thought that the more power a car has to handle, the more it will need maintaining and parts need replacing.

i'm getting an aftermarket clutch fitted soon which is said to last longer than the stock ones. i'm looking at about £500 all in for it. it'd be interesting to see if you have to pay for yours replacing and how much nissan quote for it. keep us posted (and good luck with nissan) :thumbs:

54 thousand!!!!well out off warranty anyway, looks like its a new clutch or could it be part of the clutch??? not to good with the technical side :lol:

bet its a bloody fortune whatever it is!!! Is it a engine out job for the clutch???

thats three bloody problems in less than three months :rant:

sterio skipping

rear axle clicking

clutch gone

and had a civic type R that revved its balls off for 3 years and never a single fault!!!

And all of them have been known warranty items bud...... :blush:

Have a word with the likes of Big Phil who will probably be able to sort out something a whole load more reliable for less than Nissan would want. :)

Spoke to big phil and he can do the nissan OEM clutch which is a exedy one anyway for 200 quid delivered!!! and says these are a good clutch and unless im doing track days (which im not) then this is good enough!! just going to get a uprated clutch line and change the gearbox oil while there out as cost is next to nothing!!! plus want to spend my money on other mods!!!

Just got to get a quote from local garage on fitting, phil reckons around 4hours labour (as quite easy to get at) so should'nt work out to expensive!!

Its going to nissan anyway monday for the clicking problem to be sorted so ill get a price off them just to compare!!! but been quoted 280 just for clutch!!

Just hope the flywheels ok should be as i havent drove it since i first noticed it and wont do until i take to the garage!!

aint five hours to warrington mate from here only 70 odd miles prob about hour and a half :lol:

cheers though mike but dont think travelling that far would be a good idea and could easily make it worse, local garage charge 25 quid and do a good job more like family friends!!

aint five hours to warrington mate from here only 70 odd miles prob about hour and a half :lol:

cheers though mike but dont think travelling that far would be a good idea and could easily make it worse, local garage charge 25 quid and do a good job more like family friends!!

i think mike meant 1.5 hrs when he wrote !.5 :blush:

ordering new clutch and uprated clutch line/flywheel monday to be fitted friday so hopefully this time next week ill be back on the road :D

anyone fitted a uprated flywheel and clutch line wondered what their views were after using it over standard!!!

buying from bigphil :thumbs: