Some rare photographs from history (Pt 3).

GMballistic

Oh and if you're wondering that's why my username is GMballistic, ...it's my initials followed by "ballistic" because I'm very interested in ballistics & have been since I first started shooting as a young child. :thumbs:

Always wondered about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)

There once was a thread explaining a lot of the members usernames on here but alas it drifted off into obscurity & has since been archived. :mellow:

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92033-explain-your-username/

That's a shame that it's been archived! Some interesting stories on there! Mine is surprisingly straightforward. First name is: Ryan, surname begins with S... and

It's my number plate on the 350z. 8055 is self explanatory I assume?

• Like 1

That's a shame that it's been archived! Some interesting stories on there! Mine is surprisingly straightforward. First name is: Ryan, surname begins with S... and

I agree, it was an interesting thread. ;)

Just needed more members to post in there & keep it current but as they didn't I think that's why it was archived.

I did kind of guess the "RS" in your username might be for the same reason as my "GM" ~ your initials, but I did wonder about the 8055. :)

I'd have favoured a Thompson over the BAR's. Much more ammo, especially with the drum magazine and with .45 stopping power.

George Lucas. Funny how fashion goes round in cycles. His retro clothes wouldn't look out of place today. Or the beard.

Went up one of the World Trade Centre towers in 1990. The lift really sucked you to the floor. Hyperspeed.

Always preferred the BAR in COD... haha. Down to personal choice I guess :)

Yeah I went up the World Trade Centre tower (I think it was the South Tower) back in 1997. I still remember those elevators! Ridiculously fast!

Had plenty of hitting power in COD yes so took less ammo to kill but in real life .45 rounds make a mess of flesh plus you have 100 rounds not 20. Big thumbs up for slaughtering capabilities.

You're forgetting though Gareth that more than likely the majority of the people that "Bonnie & Clyde" were shooting at were either in cars, hiding behind cars or hiding behind furniture/walls etc.

Thus they needed a hard hitting round which could penetrate objects finding it's target on the other side.

The .30-06 Springfield bullet fired from the BAR would have been travelling at around 2500 ft/s (approx) in comparison to the .45ACP from a Thompson at a much lesser 900 ft/s (approx) ~ both bullets weighing in at similar weights too depending on the exact bullet so in reality the kinetic energy expelled by the BAR bullet as well as it's penetrating powers would be significantly higher than the Thompson bullet. ;)

Oh and if you're wondering that's why my username is GMballistic, ...it's my initials followed by "ballistic" because I'm very interested in ballistics & have been since I first started shooting as a young child. :thumbs:

Right. Chips p1ssed on thoroughly lol.

I didn't think of the hard cover. You General. Me Private. Lol.

Well not entirely, :lol: ...the Thompson definitely would have had the BAR beat for ammo capacity (especially with the drum magazine) and it would have been a close race between the two for rate of fire (BAR @500-600rpm V's Thompson @600-700rpm approx).

Both essentially do the same job though ~ kill & destroy stuff ~ just to slightly different degrees. :evil:

Well not entirely, :lol: ...the Thompson definitely would have had the BAR beat for ammo capacity (especially with the drum magazine) and it would have been a close race between the two for rate of fire (BAR @500-600rpm V's Thompson @600-700rpm approx).

Both essentially do the same job though ~ kill & destroy stuff ~ just to slightly different degrees. :evil:

Horses for courses lol.

Despite a car door for cover I don't think I'd rely on it when being hosed with any weapon!

Barrett .50 especially lol.

I agree, it was an interesting thread. ;)

Just needed more members to post in there & keep it current but as they didn't I think that's why it was archived.

I did kind of guess the "RS" in your username might be for the same reason as my "GM" ~ your initials, but I did wonder about the 8055. :)

Luxembourg license plates have the format options as follows:

- two letters followed by 4 numbers

- 5 numbers only

- 4 numbers only (very hard to get these days)

I have always been fascinated by creative number plates and off the top of my head realized that "8055 = BOSS" checked to see if it was available and it was. Apparently in the UK it's quite an expensive plate to acquire, whereas over here it costs merely 50€ regardless, as long as it is available of course (obtained through government only).

I recently checked the other day and other options I could get if I wanted to now include:

- VQ3535

- WA5550 (Wasso would like this one!)

- ZZ3500