tyre decision

nrc

Mine's got Bridgestones on atm, the RE050a's.. Yeah... Never rated them on any other car, maybe thats why the back end likes to work the ESP system so much.. My other recent cars have all run Uniroyal Rainsport 3's, I really rate these tyres, especially in the wet! They are soft, so I wouldn't expect them to last as long as MPSS and other expensive tyres.. Interesting to see at least one person uses them on their Z and likes them :-)

Mine's got Bridgestones on atm, the RE050a's.. Yeah... Never rated them on any other car, maybe thats why the back end likes to work the ESP system so much..

The RE050A is a pretty damn good tyre, not as good as MPSS but still damn good, the Ferrari Enzo had RE050As albeit the Scuderia version. Personally I don't think I'd buy anything other than AD08Rs unless the MPSS were much cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodyear Eagle F1's are a good alternative. I've got the Asymmetric 2's on the rear which have been brilliant. Great grip, wet and dry.

Just had the Asy 3's on the front and 200 miles in, they seem better still!

Paid £117 a piece for the fronts 225/45/18

I ran 453s on the rear too. I'm the dry they are great. Had a few hairy moments in the wet though! I think I got about 15k miles out of them and I changed at just under 3mm.

When I bought my Z it had 453s on. Things get a bit, erm, slidey (if there's such a word) in the wet, especially when coming up for replacement. Replaced all around with MPSS which are a dream.

Never had MPSS, never crashed into a ditch. Drive within limits of the tyres and generally they will do whats required. More often than not its the people at the wheel that are ditch finders moreso than the tyres ;):lol:

• Like 2