cone air filter

wilo

Have you tried ebay?

yes iv looked there .

no ss fine mesh types tho and the sizes offered seem very small for a 300bhp motors air requirements.

i used to have a quickshift one on my last two cars and the sound was awesome and even the dyno run improved with it on .

cant seem to find that brand anymore .

Why do you want stainless steel fine mesh btw?

I did have one years & years ago on an old car I had but after hearing/reading about the poor filtration of these types of filters I steered well clear of them from then on.

Imo you'd be better off with a filter as davey_83 suggested or a paper type filter (K&N etc).

Why do you want stainless steel fine mesh btw?

I did have one years & years ago on an old car I had but after hearing/reading about the poor filtration of these types of filters I steered well clear of them from then on.

Imo you'd be better off with a filter as davey_83 suggested or a paper type filter (K&N etc).

Purley on the fact of the dyno results and the free flowing nature gives very good throttle responce not to mention it sounds mint

Purley on the fact of the dyno results and the free flowing nature gives very good throttle responce not to mention it sounds mint

Imo you will not notice any throttle response difference between a s/s cone filter & a paper cone filter at all. Plus you will need a remap (UpRev) for it to make any performance increase on the Zeds engine anyway, ...most people who fit air induction kits and don't UpRev their Zeds afterwards have done it purely for an increase in induction noise & to give their car some engine bay bling. ;)

Personally I'd stay clear of the s/s cone filters because of there poor filtration ~ in other words, they aren't as efficient at stopping cr*p from getting into your engine as the alternatives.

Up to you though and good luck with your search. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Imo you will not notice any throttle response difference between a s/s cone filter & a paper cone filter at all. Plus you will need a remap (UpRev) for it to make any performance increase on the Zeds engine anyway, ...most people who fit air induction kits and don't UpRev their Zeds afterwards have done it purely for an increase in induction noise & to give their car some engine bay bling. ;)

Personally I'd stay clear of the s/s cone filters because of there poor filtration ~ in other words, they aren't as efficient at stopping cr*p from getting into your engine as the alternatives.

yea im getting the mods in place before a remap.already got decats so just needing plenum and induction sorting out ..and thx for the headsup..ill look into that other filter

Agreed! stainless mesh filters are not good at catching smaller particles like dust etc, and also pretty much all cone filter induction kits will loose you power rather than gain, they might make it sound like its faster ;)

Anyway people want what they want ;)

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

cheers for the link.

is 80mm the correct diameter for the 350 DE maf pipe to fix to ?

For the MAF you'll need an adapter which will be 76mm OD, thus needing a 76mm to 80mm reducer silicone hose.

I had a spare so cut the flange off leaving a straight through MAF, using the above reducer hose and it looks much neater too.

David

• Like 1

cheers for the link.

is 80mm the correct diameter for the 350 DE maf pipe to fix to ?

For the MAF you'll need an adapter which will be 76mm OD, thus needing a 76mm to 80mm reducer silicone hose.

I had a spare so cut the flange off leaving a straight through MAF, using the above reducer hose and it looks much neater too.

David

okay im going to order the same type you got ..do you know where i can source the maf plate adapter as i dont want to cut my maf pipe just incase i revert back to standard air box in the future

I believe conceptua tuning on eBay do the MAF adaptors for our cars. I bough the orange based filter as that suits my engine kolor scheme, they do silver and black if that works better for you.

Detween the MAF and the air intake duck in the front panel the filter is wedged into place and pretty much the biggest filter that will fit in the space LOL sounds great

I believe conceptua tuning on eBay do the MAF adaptors for our cars. I bough the orange based filter as that suits my engine kolor scheme, they do silver and black if that works better for you.

Detween the MAF and the air intake duck in the front panel the filter is wedged into place and pretty much the biggest filter that will fit in the space LOL sounds great

found an adapter and ordered it and the filter ..should both be here Tuesday- Wednesday..cant wait to see if it sounds better

what filtration setup do you currently have?

you'll also need a silicone hose to join the maf adapter to the filter

standard airbox with k&n panel filter and yea im looking for a 80mm-76mm silicone reducer

Yep same, 8' base too LOL

ahh seems a bargain then ..i got mine on the make an offer of £35 lol .

yours has the bigger diameter neck tho yes? are you running bigger induction pipes to throttle body or reducing down to the 76mm maf .

also do you have any pics of full set up? looks like your using alloy piping from that pic

great price!! its very well made.

mines the same as the link 80mm od neck, 200mm base diameter. not sure if my intake pipe is wider but its a tad longer than OE pipe = greater volume of filtered air.

Simota 6' vs Ramair 8'

IMG_20160617_155741704_zpsvcqhrf6f.jpg

IMG_20160618_204120_zps1niuk4n9.jpg

K&N decal, swapped for RAMAIR one now

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 3