coolant bottle delete??

LDUNKZ18

so today i realized that i don't have a coolant expansion tank next to my washer jet funnel and power steering tank...

i was actually looking at my mates z and it dawned on me i dont have one...

the car runs fine and temp sits at average temp, full heat through heaters also, any idea why the bottle would be deleted?

should i get one again or leave it if its fine the way it is?

• Like 1

You don't necessarily need an expansion tank, if the system is designed to run without IE it can take the pressure, and the rad cap is of a higher pressure its fine, cars never used to run an expansion tank, its just a good way of ensuring that the system is always toped up should the system overheat.

Having said that the Z system IS designed to run with an expansion tank, so in order to run without yours must have a higher pressure rad cap, so I would refit the correct type of tank and the std rad cap.

Not sure if Iam correct on this one so apdo correct me if Iam but there is a coolant called Waterless and higher the boiling point in fact I think it Doesn't boil or at very silly temp..!,An old Wheeler Dealers I think they put it in a TR6 and Ed took the radiator cap when the car was up to temp and running.

So if yours has this in the system you may not requie expansion bottle,plus another thing it is lifetime no need to change like a normal Antifreeze that you need to change. :)

Not sure if Iam correct on this one so apdo correct me if Iam but there is a coolant called Waterless and higher the boiling point in fact I think it Doesn't boil or at very silly temp..!,An old Wheeler Dealers I think they put it in a TR6 and Ed took the radiator cap when the car was up to temp and running.

So if yours has this in the system you may not requie expansion bottle,plus another thing it is lifetime no need to change like a normal Antifreeze that you need to change. :)

"Evans Coolant has a high boiling point of 375F at atmospheric pressure. While it does not need pressure to raise its boiling point, we do not recommend modifying the system to hold zero pressure. It will expand 7% at operating temperature so you will notice some movement to the expansion tank, but it doesn't build pressure like water does."