Do this need fixing?

Banz

The strips are shot buddy. :)

Should I just go to a local independent garage?

I'm probably going to try and see if there are more things that needs doing so I can get them all done in one go.

This is strange. My azure 350z had a short windscreen strip like urs. Some joker of a windscreen fitter obviously couldn't fo his job properly. Those rubber strips are part of the roof pillar cover that run along from the boot to the windscreen. I was quoted by nissan roughly £350 each side. As the rubber is not sold separately. Absolute joke. :( ur best bet is zmanalex. He may have some. Other alternative try black silicone.

Auto glass saved mine and glued bk on to the pilar section when they did my windscreen last weekend.

Edited by Stuggerz
  • Like 1

So I've been driving around for an hour searching for a garage during lunch time. As it's going to be raining the next few days and I need the car so it needs to be fixed asap.

1st garage- bring it to auto windscreen repair

Called auto windscreen- they say they only fix windscreen

2nd garage- bring it to nissan garage

3rd garage- nissan, call windscreen repair. It would be cheaper. The guy said those tubes are not there to stop water. It is to prevent wind noise.

The lovely receptionist from work offered to use black silicon and do it for halve the price.

:please::help:

Definitely worth trying zmanalex as suggested and also Emperor Tuning on here for used parts.

Alternatively you could try fixing it yourself with a similar rubber seal plus some silicone sealant etc.

For that type of stuff you're best off looking at "kit car" type companies imo. Like Car Builder Solutions: http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/car-boot-and-door-seals

Maybe Demon Tweeks or even eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rubber-Seal-Strip-Weather-Draft-Front-Windscreen-Window-Windshield-UK-Bid-/252432273721?hash=item3ac622d139:g:MAQAAOSwzJ5XaEsO

Good luck. :thumbs: