4 hours to fit an Invidia Gemini Exhaust?

Rhino

It took me and the mechanic around 4 hours to fit a Gemini to my original Zed, so it is possible. We ran into problems with many many bolts as they were 9 years old and seized solid.

The place that fitted my TDX2 and ART pipes took around 4 hours to fit it. One of those tricky situations to say how long it 'should' have taken, as everyone has had such different experiences with how the old system came off.

Definitely worth a phone call to discuss what you were originally quoted for and ended up paying though, they may be able to compromise and meet you in the middle. Hope you get it sorted!

Cant believe that people seem to think its OK to take 4+ hours to remove an fit an exhaust, the std system has eight bolts and four hangers, if they are seized, they would just be cut with oxy acetylene or cut off disc, the whole process 1/2 hour max, should be less, to fit an after market exhaust even if true dual would have 12 bolts, so perhaps i hour with a bit of fiddling with the hanger mount points.

• Like 1

I personally don't really have too much of an issue with how long these things take, as long as it's done correctly and to a high standard.. I don't think the OP does either (correct me if I'm wrong OP haha!) I think in this situation it was more of a case of it taking longer than quoted, and wasn't communicated correctly (if at all) which is why he's abit disappointed with the service provided.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

My local garage fitted mine in 2 hours, but the garage owner pointed out the mechanic had fitted the offside rear pipe under the anti-roll bar as it was the only way he could get it to fit.

A search on here showed that this was a common fitting error.

As the garage was now shut for the weekend and the car is my daily drive, I had no option but to rectify this myself.

Led on my back with the car on small axle stands, I removed all the bolts, checking whether the USA labelled driver/passenger front pipes could be fitted incorrectly, but these would only fit one way. I flipped the right rear pipe, loosely assembling the whole system, checked for clearance over the roll bar,

and then tightened up everything.

Time spent - 1 and 3/4 hours.

The garage mechanic would have had to deal with rusty nut and bolts, removing the old system, so 2 hours should be about right unless the studs on the CATs break and need to be drilled out.

Here is the right rear pipe over the ant-roll bar.

IMG_2196_zps9uzyodkn.jpg