bonnet out of line ..need help

wilo

hi guys need some advice please .

my 350 has had the new style bonnet and nismo v2 spoiler fitted before i bought it .

but the gap where the bonnet meets the bumper isnt the same from left to right.

is there a way to adjust the bonnet hinges ? as it looks like the offside needs moving towards the front of the car about 5mm

Adjust the bonnet catch by undoing the 3 bolts enough to swing bonnet. :)

sorry for the noob questions but if i adjust the catch i cant see how the bonnet will swing as its static on the bonnet hinges and i cant see any allowance for adjustment

I think each hinge has 2(?) bolts? Try loosening the side that needs realigned and seeing if there's any movement in it. I've never removed the bonnet, so unsure if there is.

yea iv checked the bolts and there pretty accurate with the holes allowing for maybe 1mm of adjustment.was hoping there was some other way tbh ..but its looking like the bumper might need adjusting ...god knows how tho

If the bonnet to wing gaps are equal and parallel the problem with adjusting it on the hinge is that it will send these gaps out. Unless these panel gaps are wrong I would try as Hugh suggests, adjusting the bumper rather than the bonnet. Getting panel gaps right is a pain and requires patience and lots of small adjustments. Adjusting the bonnet catch will send the front of the bonnet left or right relative to the wings or pull it tighter down to the bumper but potentially at the risk of spoiling the clearance round the lights. Post a pic up of what you have at the moment if you can.

• Like 2

If the bonnet to wing gaps are equal and parallel the problem with adjusting it on the hinge is that it will send these gaps out. Unless these panel gaps are wrong I would try as Hugh suggests, adjusting the bumper rather than the bonnet. Getting panel gaps right is a pain and requires patience and lots of small adjustments. Adjusting the bonnet catch will send the front of the bonnet left or right relative to the wings or pull it tighter down to the bumper but potentially at the risk of spoiling the clearance round the lights. Post a pic up of what you have at the moment if you can.

thanks ill get some close up pics tomorrow and post so you guys can judge if it's a bonnet or bumper issue ..cheers

You can always elongate the hinged too buddy horizontally and vertically within reason. Just a thought, the front edge of the bonnet on the underside had a black rubber buffer each side. These too can be screwed up or unscrewed, to give adjustment to how the bonnet to bumper lines look when bonnet is slammed shut. As you say a picture will help :)

• Like 1

thanks for all the advise guys .iv adjusted the bonnet catch and the little Black bonnet buffers and the gap has improved slightly but still not perfect so im pretty sure it's a bumper issue .one positive is the bonnet now shuts without applying hulk like force so happy with that :)

• Like 1