Not enough knobs on the seat?!

BenM

Childish title... Small minds...me driving it will add to the number etc :)

I have a well worn/torn drivers seat which needs sorting. I've been looking for a good condition replacement seat and found one but..

I currently have the black leather, heated, airbag etc in my 2004 GT. The new seat is also in black leather with the heated function etc but on the right side mine has two knobs but the potential new one only has one??

I believe the 'new' one is from a 2003

Does anyone know why this is and whether it will fit??

Cheers!

I have absolutely no idea, but if fitment is an issue, you could always take your old seat to Mondo@Hide n Seat. From what I've heard he does a cracking job at restoring the seats that are banged up.

I have a tear in the bolster on my seat and would love to be able to send it to him but I am located in mainland Europe so it will be a challenge! :(

Cheers for the steer.

I am in com's with hide n seat and waiting on a price so I can weigh up the options.

Obviously having to post my seat away is going to mean the cars off the road for a bit as well as considering price etc so I'd still like to see if these seats would fit before I commit to something.

Thanks for the response.

I've checked and been reassured they have the airbag and heated function so I've gone with them!

It's worked out cheaper and at this stage appears easier option. I must have tried to get quotes on the repair with 5 different trimmers over the last couple weeks and I only got one response with an actual quote which was more than both these seats...

Either the trimmers must be booked out or just prefer a full re-trim for the $ doesn't seem to be much interest in a repair unfortunately.