EML

Rock_Steady

mine has come on a few weeks ago, took it to check the code and its the o2 sensor, havent sorted it yet but the car is acting normal. Tried clearing it a few times and it comes back. My guess is it was after the plenum spacer was put in?

could be something simple like that?

Best to pull the codes before you clear, just to see what is going on.

Who did the remap for you ?

I had the re-map done @ Abbey who cancelled the O2 sensors

mine has come on a few weeks ago, took it to check the code and its the o2 sensor, havent sorted it yet but the car is acting normal. Tried clearing it a few times and it comes back. My guess is it was after the plenum spacer was put in?

could be something simple like that?

could be, but after a re-map? seems a little odd.

ok so here are the codes. 3 of the buggers:

P0605

P1564

P1283

Apparently P0605 means that the PCM/ECM has a fault. i read that sometimes this code is thrown up after a re-map.

P1564 means there is a fault with the cruise control or cruise control switch. the funny thing is, my car has no cruise control :wacko:

P1283 is something to do with the lambda sensors.

i have had all errors deleted along with the EML, so i'l take it out for a spin for a while and see if it rears its ugly head again.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Update: Spoke to Mark at Abbey. He has had a look at the codes and thinks it's a little odd but he has offered to come to my house and sort it out for me free of charge.which is fair enough. Top man!

He has said that maybe the tolerances are not quite right.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Mark's been round and sorted out the problem on the drive way. It appears that he used a map for a GT car which mine is not. Even though it shouldn't matter it did. It doesn't have cruise control and that was what was causing the ROM error. A quick flash of the ECU with the right data and it was done. Superb!!