Warning lights on heavy brakes

Spatt

I posted this when I first bought the car..

Basically under heavy braking I get a solid handbrake light (the red exclamation mark in brackets) found out this was due to my brake fluid being low. Thanks for the tips on that one guys.

So now I have a head scratch moment. I know my fluid level to be low right now as my pads are pretty much shot and I'm saving for new discs and pads (man I hate having a mortgage) I heard that your fluid level drops as pads wear out.. this makes sense if it's true but here's what I've noticed the red handbrake light is coming on under heavy acceleration !?

Could there be a sensor that is being activated as the fluid is moving around under that heavy acceleration?

Can I / Should I top up my brake fluid? It's not near the "min" mark maybe halfway between

Thanks in advance if anyone could spread some knowledge on this

Matt

it probably is just the heavy accelerating that's causing the low fluid level to move and the sensor to panic. if you do put more fluid in when the pads are low, then when you put new pads in you'll probably find more will come out when you come to bleed the brakes since the new pads are now making up for the room that the liquid was doing that you added.

Hope that makes some sense.

Word of warning, the "K" clips are assholes.

Be careful not to snap them, and try and pull them out straight - when we did mine I just yanked cause I figured that would work, turns out I slightly twisted and then snapped the clip. Took an hour to try n get the shards out of the hole so that a new clip could be put in.

Also be careful to put them back in the right way, whoever did mine before me hadn't and it was irritating to get them out too.

yes thanks for the info.. I'm trying to get hold of some new pads and discs before the weekend. A friend is helping me fit them he said its pretty easy to do.

Happy to lend a hand if your local changing discs and pads, pretty straight forward to do.

:)

Spatt, get a litre of this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATE-TYP200-Race-Quality-Brake-Fluid-Replaces-Super-Blue-Racing-DOT4-/201537586924?hash=item2eec9386ec:g:2BUAAOSwqu9VB3zg

Use it for topping up (or fluid change) - although you shouldn't have to be topping it up frequently, so whilst you change the pads/discs, inspect your brake lines for leaks!

Spatt, get a litre of this:

http://www.ebay.co.u...BUAAOSwqu9VB3zg

Use it for topping up (or fluid change) - although you shouldn't have to be topping it up frequently, so whilst you change the pads/discs, inspect your brake lines for leaks!

Thanks dude. thats pretty handy to know. currently i'm waiting until i get to my friends garage after work. hes going to take a look at the discs for me and see if they'll last another 6 - 12 months if so i'm just going to replace the pads