How much have you spent on your Z?

Zedrush

1538€ on a Nismo exhaust

and some nickels and pennies on a stubby areal and cargo net

There is one mod which keeps costing me money however. I try increasing the weight of the car by filling it up with petrol. But no matter how much I put in at some point all of it is gone and I have to start all over again :rant: Most expensive mod so far :rant:

:lol::lol: yes, trying to ignore that one. Each mod = 1 tank of petro to test so add £70 per mod :surrender:

It costs £70 to fill up...?

It costs £70 to fill up...?

It costs me at least £60 - £70 and I never leave it till nearly empty. Can't risk running out. . . But then again it does cost about £1.05 per litre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant::angry:

So if it does 25mpg that's 500 miles a tank..?

12.7K :scare: (sold at a loss :blush: but worth it :teeth: )

bet it was well worth it, why did you sell, you plan on getting another?

I've always held to the view (and it's probably my age :wheelchair:) that this is a Z forum and talk of other cars is inappropriate and misplaced :blush: (albeit that I could do)

I enjoyed the Z tremendously, took it as far as I wanted, lost 15k in the process (what the heck ;) ) and still continue to post on the basis that I might be able to (and sometimes do) contribute positively - whilst recognising that some people will say 'you don't have a Z so shut the f*ck up' :lol:

You're always a help Dorian. Some very specific knowledge you have is invaluable :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Agreed Dorian. Some members are worth keeping on a consultancy level! :lol:

Not really though about it. Don't really care! When I get the car into the bodyshop (ie when I'm home long enough!) it'll be worth it.

You can't put a price on walking out a breaking into a smile evey time you see your car and beeming with pride..... For everything else theres mastercard! :teeth:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dorian can I ask what the list of mods were that you had done to your Z to get to 12.7 k? :blush:

Pretty much all included from what I can recall :blush:

Guest prescience
Nice list dorian B)

Was the ARC oil pan nesessary for the Vortech kit?

Desirable, not essential I would say - increased capacity by 1litre I think (I forget exactly) :blush: and since oil is fairly essential to blower operation ;) it was a sensible move. Also the ARC baffle arrangement was reckoned to be superior to stock in the event of oil movement in the pan during hard cornering although not as good as APS oil pan in this respect IIRC

Another item which could justifiably be added to the list is a laptop I bought purely for datalogging from the zeitronix** :headhurt:

** i did like the install of the zeitronix, in the sunglasses holder B)

Nice list dorian B)

Was the ARC oil pan nesessary for the Vortech kit?

Desirable, not essential I would say - increased capacity by 1litre I think (I forget exactly) :blush: and since oil is fairly essential to blower operation ;) it was a sensible move. Also the ARC baffle arrangement was reckoned to be superior to stock in the event of oil movement in the pan during hard cornering although not as good as APS oil pan in this respect IIRC

Wow you had it down to a T, How accurate was the Zeitronics air/fuel gage? Would you recommend it, it certainly looks the part as well as the Walbro fuel pump B)

Excuse my ignorance but did you have the ECu remapped? as cant find it on the list, if so which one did you go for... UTEC?

Guest prescience

It was a wideband, so quite accurate for datalogging to a laptop as noted above- although it looked nice installed in the s/g holder, if I had my time over maybe I would go bespoke gauges all the way

zeit.jpg

The Vortech comes with its own EMS from SplitSec as part of the supplied kit, which is a piggy-back and quite good enough for the job although not as sophisticated as the UTEC which in turn is not as sophisticated as the V-Pro – but as I say, good enough

I haven't added up all the nickels and dimes, but I'd guess about the same as the Z originally cost.

And it's not over yet. My Pi-Thon hose locks were just delivered today. They work like a compression fitting -- look like no other hose clamps you've ever seen. Pretty trick.

http://www.pi-thon.com/products1.htm

those look very nice Tere :thumbs:

just a point of correction, the ARC oil pan has no baffling to it...and quite honestly, doesn't need any, as the stock windage tray, and lower pan assembly is quite robust. I have the ARC pan on my car as well (came with the donor motor!)

arcoilpanz.jpg

and why did you need a donar motor? :headhurt: