New exhaust system needed... What to buy?

addario

Hi there!

Just got a call back from the garage and the day I was dreading has finally come, my exhaust is a gonner and I'll need to replace the whole lot, downpipes, middle section and back box :( My wallet is crying in anticipation!

So... any traders around that could give a quote for a full system to fit my '03 model? I need the full sha-bang, from the downpipes to the tailbox (minus the cats I think, good question... I'm not sure If I need to replace those but I hope not!).

What do you guys suggest? I want to keep spending to a minimum really, currently broke so this is not the best timing for this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Apparently it's pretty much rusted through from the Y pipe down :(

@350 Russ Sorry but I think it's just my ignorance speaking, I don't mean the manifolds!

I've taken it to the garage because the rust was so bad that the connection between the middle section and the box just split apart at the flange and from just me looking around it did look corroded to oblivion

@veeg33 Yep, sounds like the second option is the way to go! I'll check with them!

@veilside z Where? Can't seem to find it.. the search functionality is not exactly "google" dare I say :(

Found 2 in the for sale section but seems a bit too far for you? --> http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/213-350z-parts-for-sale/

Just back box ->http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/108430-for-sale-standard-exhaust-backbox/

Mid-section + backbox --> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/108004-standard-centre-pipe-and-back-box/ (but they are welded together, will be difficult to ship)

The K1 is sold now -> http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/108583-japspeed-k1-with-bungs/

I've got standard y pipe, Centre, and rear available. But collection only from Birmingham as I can't be doing with trying to pack and post!

Edit: just noticed you are from Aberdeen so collection unlikely !

Edited by cob1980

I have should have a used JDM exhaust you could have for nought which may be salvageable if you were really on a budget? Think it would just need a stud bashed out and replaced with a nut and bolt.

Edited by Jumzo

I've got standard y pipe, Centre, and rear available. But collection only from Birmingham as I can't be doing with trying to pack and post!

Hi Cob,

What condition is the exhaust in? I live in birmibgham and would take it off your hands!

Hi Cob,

What condition is the exhaust in? I live in birmibgham and would take it off your hands!

Hello it's fine removed to fit a stainless one, it's in the for sale section if you want to see a photo. I'd not included the y-pipe as didn't have a photo but that is available too. The garage had chopped the 2 bolts holding the centre to the rear as the bolt heads had rusted. I was going to remove these and give the tips a bit if a shine at the weekend. Pm if you are still interested. Cheers, iain