Any Sky TV Experts?

JetSet

Strangest thing, we have a Samsung HD TV in the kitchen with a built in Freeview Box, had it for a few years now. Tonight, I walked into the kitchen to see that the TV was displaying Sky TV and was seemingly scrolling through the EP Guide. In fact it was Caroline scrolling through The EP Guide on our living room TV. How did this happen without me doing anything, you usually need a wifi sender to do this sort of thing?

Pete

We use this feature. There is an output from your sky box which you can feed to another tv via the analogue tuner you must have done this as opposed to having a seperate feed from your aerial.

There is a hidden menu on sky boxes, Google sky + magic eye and it will explain how to set this up. You can buy an IR receiver called magic eye to sit in line of the output from sky so you can control the sky box remotely. Definition isn't very good as it's over the analogue tuner but it's ok.

Edited due to my fat finger typing/iPhone predictive text.

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

Thanks, I think that's what I've done, I had a fiddle around and it would seem that the aerial is feeding the other TV. I recently moved the TV aerial into the back of the sky box as the cats kept pulling it out of the digibox. The TV in our living room doesn't have Freeview, it has Freesat instead so I put in a digibox for the odd occasion that I'm not getting a signal from Sky, usually when it's raining :lol:

Pete