TurboXS UTEC - Any good?

-Bradders-

as above, are these any good? and what kind of gains could i see from one?

http://turboxs.com/s...scontinued.html

I honestly have no idea, but I don't think you'll see any gains if it's discontinued (unless you'll be getting a second hand one) :thumbs:

Came across one on ebay, as well as a Empul tuning kit! (big TB, Intake and ECU)

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure a piggyback like that would have more variables than UpRev, so hypothetically could provide a more customised map and therefore better power/torque.

Only one way to find out, though :p

EDIT: As an example, When Neil had my car tuned, it managed 305 with UpRev, but then 320 using the Haltech ECU without any further mods.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 2

UTEC can't control cam timing like uprev

But I 'think' its better for boost as can directly have boost control off it etc

They got good reviews in America before being discontinued .

Did a bit of reading up on them as my car came with one fitted but cant control cable throttle so will eventually have to put it up for sale

You can also get into and map UTEC yourself with laptop and I believe do data logging (though I haven't tried that yet) I flashed a map for my mods to the ecu I found on an American forum and its worked well

Oh also has a switch on it for switchable maps.

THOR can map it, I rang and spoke to them.

But the software to do it is already on every windows pc/laptop so anyone could really.

• Like 1

this is what i'm using you can get some maps from turboxs one designed for a intake and exhaust upgrade as said you can tune yourself and although people call it a piggyback it doesn't just modify the signals going to the factory ecu it takes over from it at the rpm etc that you tell it to has various outputs for control of nitros /boost allows you to change the rpm limit lots of functionality for someone who wants to play go to the turboxs website and download the manual the only thing you may have trouble with is finding someone to tune it for you if required personally i quite like it but then again i'm odd :wacko:

• Like 1