Twin Turbo or Single??

Zedrush

Dont flame me yes there is a search button but still cant get the hang of it. :blush:

Two kits Im mainly interested in:

Greddy single turbo kit

Power Enterprise TT kit

If Im only looking at getting the most out of my engine without an engine rebuild, and use as a daily drive, which kit is the best to go for and what are the major disadvantages between TT and single :blush:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supercharger dont have dump valve sound :blush::lol:

Just sorting through I found out after calling round PE kit is the better kit, questions on wether 380bhp or 370bhp is safer is still in question, but I think I stick to 370 just to be on safe side.

Now concerning the ECU which makes me wish I got a JDm version, my ECU will be self learning, have been told to send of to Japan for reflash but even more advise was to get a HKS FCON Power V pro, which is a n all signing and all dancing unit that will stop my current ECU from resorting back to normal mode whilst running the aircon and electrics as normal.

Decisions decisions...

could go for supercharger but dies out too quick where as PE kit, they are smaller turbos so less lag and you get power at both lower and top end :thumbs:

Go for the PE kit, you dont have to go for big power just a nice solid power curve with loads of torque and concentrate on improving other aspects of the car. i know your sorting the brakes and suspension so maybe look at the drivetrain, further chassis bracing if needed and weight reduction (lose some weight tubby! :p). not to mention some driving courses. The cosworth plenum maybe worth a look too if/when their results are given out along with a good exhaust setup can yeald a few extra ponies.

Making sure you have a good map can be the difference between a reliable 370 and 380bhp.. So get the best tuner available.

Thats the part Im struggling with is the tuning part, it needs to be a V power pro, Sumo recommended it, rather than get it reflashed, as i do want to keep the Ecu the same without reflashing, but its finding a reliable source in the UK who can tune it, preferably id rather get the kit installled and tuned at the same place :dry:

The thing that puts me off of supercharger also is that I have heardso many time where every other day the cam belt keeps slipping

Thats the part Im struggling with is the tuning part, it needs to be a V power pro, Sumo recommended it, rather than get it reflashed, as i do want to keep the Ecu the same without reflashing, but its finding a reliable source in the UK who can tune it, preferably id rather get the kit installled and tuned at the same place :dry:

The thing that puts me off of supercharger also is that I have heardso many time where every other day the cam belt keeps slipping

Abbey will supply & map a FCON - will cost £3k+ though.

I have attatched the quote I got from them :thumbs:

:wacko: Im confused now, guess thats why so many people opt for keeping it oem less hassel..

How about you have all the usual mods, i.e nismo exhaust, high flow cats, plenum spacer, induction kit, and perhaps headers hks,

with an Fcon IS surely there would be some gains there, perhaps bringing the engine to a respectable 320-330 bhp???

:wacko: Im confused now, guess thats why so many people opt for keeping it oem less hassel..

How about you have all the usual mods, i.e nismo exhaust, high flow cats, plenum spacer, induction kit, and perhaps headers hks,

with an Fcon IS surely there would be some gains there, perhaps bringing the engine to a respectable 320-330 bhp???

yep looks like we might have to go that route bro :mellow:

real shame though :dry: Thought it was a quick fix for 5800 guess alot more is involved now, especially messing with the ecu and the risks involved in that

Bloody ell, so a power enterprise kit installed looking at about £5800, then on top a further £3000, thats £8800 just to have a turbo conversion :wacko::dry:

Upgrading the performance of an N/A engine costs lots of $$$, or solution 2, do it for less $$$ but pay lots of $$$ later on when the stuff goes bang ;)

Also count in deprecation. You car will be worth less with all that stuff on it (these are more than cosmetic mods).

Guest prescience
Supercharger dont have dump valve sound :blush::lol:

Of course, they do :wacko: bypass or blowoff valve vents between shifts or on throttle back

Guest prescience
could go for supercharger but dies out too quick where as PE kit, they are smaller turbos so less lag and you get power at both lower and top end :thumbs:

it's the other way about, the s/c develops its power at high revs and keeps coming exponentially to red line but is relatively stock-like up to say 4k revs (which is fine and just means you need to make more gear changes).

Guest prescience

:rant::rant::angry::angry:

wrong, twice in 8000 miles for me and a 5min adjustment ;):lol:

really? so I could fix if it does, what about noise clanging? and ecu remap? :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Guest prescience

really? so I could fix if it does, what about noise clanging? and ecu remap? :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Yup, it can clatter all right which may not be to your taste; no ecu map needed 390-400 straight out the box on supplied piggy-back map

still rckon you should go PE-TT though, what do envy say about set-up?

Yup, it can clatter all right which may not be to your taste; no ecu map needed 390-400 straight out the box on supplied piggy-back map

still rckon you should go PE-TT though, what do envy say about set-up?

they say they could send off my stock ecu to japan to have it flashed and returned within 14 days for around 700 quid. which sound much better than 3000k. But speaking to sumo he said dont do it as I will run into a few problems and wont solve longterm, the only way to do it properly is by a HKS V pro setup but that is 3k to fit and tune with abbey motorsport :wacko: why didnt i get a jap car :dry: Im not spending a total of close to 9k for the conversion :headhurt:

Guest prescience

The UTEC EMS is well capable of handling the PE-TT. Sure you can pick up a UTEC with MAP sensor and map switch for around £700. RJN are familiar with UTEC and should be able to tune for you in 5-6 hours. can't see the cost being more than £1700 all in. I assume for the envy price, they install the TURBO kit, which then means you need to get the car to RJN for the tune on a low-loader or something

The UTEC EMS is well capable of handling the PE-TT. Sure you can pick up a UTEC with MAP sensor and map switch for around £700. RJN are familiar with UTEC and should be able to tune for you in 5-6 hours. can't see the cost being more than £1700 all in. I assume for the envy price, they install the TURBO kit, which then means you need to get the car to RJN for the tune on a low-loader or something

5800 then 1700 :dry: how about just get a UTEC on my car as it stands now, with nismo exhaust plenum cat and pop charger, surely that must get me to 320 alone?

5800 then 1700 :dry: how about just get a UTEC on my car as it stands now, with nismo exhaust plenum cat and pop charger, surely that must get me to 320 alone?

Surley wouldnt be as high as 320?