Birdview -Do I or Don't I?

get12

Hi all,

Im thinking of getting another Z, and am weighing up pros and cons of GT pack/Satnav or non-gt and the whole value for money argument. I understand that satnav is a plus when reselling, so should I go satnav? Apart from cost (requiring GT pack), I hear that Birdview has not got postcode function. In your view is this a major hindrance, and what do you think of the system in general?

I am really liking the idea of going non-gt and ge seats upholstered in leather and replacing head unit and speakers, but I need to look at all options :)

Thanks

Graham

Hi all,

Im thinking of getting another Z, and am weighing up pros and cons of GT pack/Satnav or non-gt and the whole value for money argument. I understand that satnav is a plus when reselling, so should I go satnav? Apart from cost (requiring GT pack), I hear that Birdview has not got postcode function. In your view is this a major hindrance, and what do you think of the system in general?

I am really liking the idea of going non-gt and ge seats upholstered in leather and replacing head unit and speakers, but I need to look at all options :)

Thanks

Graham

Go non Gt as I am selling my leather electric and heated seats as well as cruise control steering wheel and matching gear

Hi all,

Thanks

Graham

Go non Gt as I am selling my leather electric and heated seats as well as cruise control steering wheel and matching gear

So what you saying here - is cruise control a function on non-gt - models i.e. can it be enabled easily with the right equipment (steering wheel etc)?!

How much you selling the seats for and are they interchangeable - you would need to plumb them into the electrics and add the buttons onto the console?

Hi all,

Thanks

Graham

So what you saying here - is cruise control a function on non-gt - models i.e. can it be enabled easily with the right equipment (steering wheel etc)?!

How much you selling the seats for and are they interchangeable - you would need to plumb them into the electrics and add the buttons onto the console?

Erm... Im selling seats and steering wheel and gear knob, I have no idea to anything else :blush: they are electric in my car and cruise control, it can do anything you want it too, the seats are magical and make dreams come true, Its worked several times for me, I wished for Bride seats and they are on delivery :lol:;)

Will the 07 model not sit the tomtom perfect like the 05???
I went Garmin. Besides, I like having it placed on windscreen right beside the rear view mirror on the left - I need to spend some time routing the charger cable up the pillar posts and between the ceiling fascia (im sure there is a proper name for this :lol: ).

Hi all,

Thanks

Graham

Erm... Im selling seats and steering wheel and gear knob, I have no idea to anything else :blush: they are electric in my car and cruise control, it can do anything you want it too, the seats are magical and make dreams come true, Its worked several times for me, I wished for Bride seats and they are on delivery :lol:;)

:lol::lol::lol:

How much for your seats?

(not wanting to tread on martinmac's feet here) :lol:

Hi all,

Thanks

Graham

:lol::lol::lol:

How much for your seats?

(not wanting to tread on martinmac's feet here) :lol:

Lol well If martimac dont want em Ill pm ya if you still interested in price, wont be for about 8 weeks yet as waiting for my new ones to arrive :thumbs:

i have the 06 (dvd-based) satnav system and it works very well imho. Ok there is no postcode support, but who cares, I never missed it. It works much better than any tomtom/garmin/... in densly built areas (city centers where there is a lot of gps signal reflection, or tunnels, ...) and the route explanations are very clear. It also has traffic information integration for automatic detours and so on.

And it looks much nicer in the car than some stuck-on gps thing on the window (which, as added benefit, reduces the chances of someone smashing a car window because they saw suction marks on the window from the gps module, therefore thinking that the gps itself will be in the car somewhere).

Cannot afford GT + gps? Then do GT + parking sensors :)

i have the 06 (dvd-based) satnav system and it works very well imho. Ok there is no postcode support, but who cares, I never missed it. It works much better than any tomtom/garmin/... in densly built areas (city centers where there is a lot of gps signal reflection, or tunnels, ...) and the route explanations are very clear. It also has traffic information integration for automatic detours and so on.

And it looks much nicer in the car than some stuck-on gps thing on the window (which, as added benefit, reduces the chances of someone smashing a car window because they saw suction marks on the window from the gps module, therefore thinking that the gps itself will be in the car somewhere).

Cheers for that - it's not about 'affording', its about the fact that as Rays are now standard on the GT, the option is not so enticing when you can save more than 2.5k and use that money towards a £300 DIN h/unit that is way better than OEM and supports iPOD. Leather re-upholstery at £500, kappa infinity speakers all-around and a decent 2nd pair of Volks wheels is what 2.5k buys ya. Throwing money at all the options does not necessarily get you a better car. I spent £200 on my Garmin, you spent £1300 on what apparently is not a great satnav, im quite happy to stow my satnav and accoutrements out of the way of prying eyes for 1100 squid my friend! :)

Cheers for that - it's not about 'affording', its about the fact that as Rays are now standard on the GT, the option is not so enticing when you can save more than 2.5k and use that money towards a £300 DIN h/unit that is way better than OEM and supports iPOD. Leather re-upholstery at £500, kappa infinity speakers all-around and a decent 2nd pair of Volks wheels is what 2.5k buys ya. Throwing money at all the options does not necessarily get you a better car. I spent £200 on my Garmin, you spent £1300 on what apparently is not a great satnav, im quite happy to stow my satnav and accoutrements out of the way of prying eyes for 1100 squid my friend! :)

:lol: Sounds logical to me!