Alloy Wheel Refurb

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

I'm looking into getting all 4 wheels refurbished on my GT4.

The wheels haven't been refurbed since I bought my zed and there are patches on the alloys where the lacquer is flaking and there are also some curbing marks. I also want to get them all repainted as they are looking a bit tired.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the cost might be? I just want some estimates so I've got a rough idea.

Thanks.

powder coating is fine as long as they are done at the right temp.

I've had my Touareg wheels done recently in black chrome was £60 a wheel but they were delivered with no tyres. expect to pay more if they have to remove the tyres first. if I had gone standard colour it would have been about £40 a wheel

I Used Aerocoat near great Yarmouth, just the other side of beccles in Suffolk. top service and great finish

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys.

There is a company quite local to me that I was thinking of using. I'll highlight what you have said about the powder coating and see what they say. If they can paint the wheels as suggested, then at least I will have the option anyway.

powder coating is fine as long as they are done at the right temp.

I've had my Touareg wheels done recently in black chrome was £60 a wheel but they were delivered with no tyres. expect to pay more if they have to remove the tyres first. if I had gone standard colour it would have been about £40 a wheel

I Used Aerocoat near great Yarmouth, just the other side of beccles in Suffolk. top service and great finish

Don't put much heat to the wheel for the painting, as the hardness of the wheel is critical to be certain range. Powder coating/painting can affect the hardness(due to heat applied). Too hard your wheel will become brittle. :)

Also if you are machining the wheels be mindful as a minmum to make sure it still satisfy standard dimension which you can refer to JATMA or European standards to be on the safer side. :)