Got A New Toy

Husky

Umm, yeah I got another project on the go now :lol: It kind of feeds into the other ones though... So that's the excuse I'm running with at the moment.

njeP0r3m.png

Anyhow, here she is:

iqh3l8ul.jpg

jdAvWgyl.jpg

FIxgnjnl.jpg

0b5PQUwl.jpg

b7VCgXel.jpg

5SDIjaRl.jpg

KtLJWnWl.jpg

Denford Novamill CNC machine. a fine 1996 vintage that needs some electronics replaced to get it working on a newer software suite. Just gotta figure out what exactly I'm tossing in the bin and what I'm buying. Total expected conversion cost I reckon is £100-£150. We'll see how that goes! :D It'll mill anything from wood to steel, it'll mill PCB's or whatever I feel like drawing up. Bed size is just bigger than an A5 bit of paper.

• Like 3

Haha, only if they are doll house sized! I'm hoping to get a lot of custom the bits for the Celica machined up on it :) I'll likely end up doing lots of random stuff for mates too no doubt, as soon as I mention steel people have a new found interest :lol:

I'm currently designing a custom cup holder, I don't know why, I figure I want some kind of awesome fold out custom design :D

I could make some nice custom engine bay bling :lol: For the celica I'll likely make new caps for various things, couple brackets here and there, some facia parts for my conversion, then a heap of replacement bits for all the plastic that's broken or scratched. Might even go to town on the switches with some aluminium... Can't wait!

• Like 1

I did design a large steel milling CNC, got a lot of the work done inn the design stages and priced it at just over £2k to build it how I wanted. that was a couple of years ago and not what I was able to shell out at the time. This little guy is the step before building the half ton heavy beast :lol:

JLiUEtY.png

LcPeihI.png

A lot of the design changed but I dont have any of the SS of the CAD for that, much of the bolting went replaced with welds, I did more work on the other axis too. But once I really got a feel of the cost I bailed on the plans.

Edited by Husky

Just the one day, needed to wait for the neighbor to be free and the rain to let up (the rain never let up). Worked out it was around 200kg and we put it's awkward shaped ass up on a high table, I'm actually still hurting from it :(

I also wanted to refurb my workbench and vice before I brought it in. It's such a pretty colour now :D

gabDqKSl.jpg