speaker swap

P15UL T

im looking to replace my speakers and would like it to be a straight swap with a perfect fit, im was wondering what sizes and brands people have used and what there thoughts have been.

if you use mounting rings , do they still fit behind the original door panels ?

cheers Paul :thumbs:

A 6" will fit nicely up front but I have managed to squeeze some 6.5" up front! Currently running Focal Utopia's up front and will be changing to a 3 way kit in some custom door pods once I have some time!!

You will more than likely need some spacers though as when flush fitted, the window will hit the top of the magnet on the speaker but it will all probably come down to what speakers you are going to try and install.

I'd recommend getting the speakers and then doing a few test fits to see what works. There should be enough space behind the door card to sufficiently space the speaker away from the door whilst still getting the door card back on and ensuring the window still drops correctly.

Hope this helps!

I thought they were 6.5" up front standard? I keep getting confused with which way round it is and my speakers are at the dealers so can't check!!

I competed with JL Audio front speakers, and they are a great neutral speaker IMO. Focal's are good, but after a while the tweeter can get overly bright and really spoil it.

Others to consider would be Rainbow and Hertz if you're wanting a high end sound. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

i have some focal utopias but only in 5 inch from a previous car, i think ill fit these one weekend, they are brilliant speakers.

id be interested to hear somones car who has changed the speakers, i've sort of got used to the bose system but i know that in car audio terms it isnt that great.

another reason to come to donny!

Andy... You got Genisis Amp's? :ninja:

And H5, you got a list of all the stuff you need to do a ICE install? Am thinking of JL's or Kenwood Comps up front and 2 ways or normals in the rear and a 10" sub either Kenwood or JL in the standard behind the drivers place spot, but I need to know what Amps I need, do I need a 5 way to power it all and keep it nice and simple or do I need 2? and do I need to replace all the cables? And how do I power the amps?

Sorry for the post hijack!!:teeth:

Andy... You got Genisis Amp's? :ninja:

And H5, you got a list of all the stuff you need to do a ICE install? Am thinking of JL's or Kenwood Comps up front and 2 ways or normals in the rear and a 10" sub either Kenwood or JL in the standard behind the drivers place spot, but I need to know what Amps I need, do I need a 5 way to power it all and keep it nice and simple or do I need 2? and do I need to replace all the cables? And how do I power the amps?

Sorry for the post hijack!!:teeth:

Depends how far you want to go mate....

JL's knock Kenwood speakers into a cocked hat, so go for those if they are your choices. 6" 2 ways up front, 6" coax's in the rear and one sub can theoretically be run off one 5 channel amp.

Will PM you...... :)

if you are looking to buy amps i have 2x phoenix gold zx 600 ti and a zx 475 ti for sale.

these are very high quality amps, cost around £800 new.

pm if interested. i have lots of stuff. phoenix gold eq, focal speakers, focal sub etc

Yes, running 4 Series III Genesis amps but then again I am now a Genesis dealer B)

The guys at Motorworld in Crawley told me that yesterday!! So if your now a dealer does that mean you can do me a good rate?!?! I got a few quotes now, one off SoundOff in Purley for Genesis amps and Speakers.. I would love to do the work myself but am concerened with rerunning the speakers and power to the amp.......

Will drop you a mail S1 HNK just in case there is a deal to be done!!

Mark