Nismo v3 style front bumper replica

Dean.B

Ive been burned so many times with replicas, even replicas that have been recommended, I just wont take the risk anymore, as Pault says, its just a lottery as to what you may get. The problem is there are just so many factors to take into account, mold quality, lay up procedure, time in the mold, post mold care, materials etc etc and basically you get zero quality control with any of the above as they just dont have time vs cost they are charging.

Rt performance allow 2 days to fit and paint one of their Chargespeed rear copies (not something they tell you before you buy incidentally), at £250 - £300 plus a day for most bodyshops you can see how quickly costs spiral. So how long would it take to bolt up an oem (original item) front/rear bumper like Andy bought, 30 mins, I appreciate spray time is involved but thats the easy bit. So you either have a replica costing very close to what an original costs but still doesnt fit quite as well.

Sorry for the essay, but so much to factor in thats often forgotten or ignored.

• Like 4

Agree - total mine field

Thats why I have given up on them - I could buy 5 replicas bumpers and 2 would be ok, 2 would need work and one would need almost rebuilding to fit.

I could do a GB on a Genuine V3 but you would never get enough interest and its a ball ache to arrange tbh.

As Andy says, a genuine plastic V3 will bolt up in minutes, a replica could be at the bodyshop for a few days and you may end up paying the same as a nice genuine one that will stay looking good, be stronger and fit perfectly

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info =]

Not too sure what to do now though, don't think I want a replica from what I have read though, but still not sure on spending about £2000 on a front bumper right now as much as I like them haha

I will probs end up putting a splitter on my bumper for now, I need to do something to it, I have the rear diffuser & sidesteps the front is definetly missing something though.

Thanks for all the info =]

Not too sure what to do now though, don't think I want a replica from what I have read though, but still not sure on spending about £2000 on a front bumper right now as much as I like them haha

I will probs end up putting a splitter on my bumper for now, I need to do something to it, I have the rear diffuser & sidesteps the front is definetly missing something though.

I can do them cheaper than £2000 bud, quite a bit cheaper

yeah I did mean by the time I have brought and sprayed the bumper it will be getting on for £2000 if not more.

just out of interest and future reference though what is the best price you can do them for is it the £1600 ?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I did mean by the time I have brought and sprayed the bumper it will be getting on for £2000 if not more.

just out of interest and future reference though what is the best price you can do them for is it the £1600 ?

I'd be Intrested in getting one if a better price can be done