Rear Camber Adjustment

cs2000

Hey guys,

so, as some of you may know, I have some new wheels. I was being a bit of a guinea pig, and the fitment is a TOUCH wrong, the tyres stiuck out of the arches, but I'm trying to find the best way around it. Below are photos of my predicament.

Rear wheel taken from rear of car

Rear%20View%20Fitted%20No%20Spacer.jpg

Rear wheel taken from above

Rear%20Top%20View%20Fitted%20No%20Spacer.jpg

Front wheel taken from front of car

Front%20View%20Fitted%20No%20Spacer.jpg

Front Wheel taken from above

Top%20Front%20View%20Fitted%20No%20Spacer.jpg

As far as I can tell, my options are as follows;

1- Use some arch extensions. Not 100% sold on these due to the need for trimming if I decide to keep them black, or bonding and spraying if I want to have them blended in.

2- Have the arches flared by someone like Archenemy. Seems like a good option, but with the flare id need I will need to have all 4 arches resprayed as the paint wont survive the process. Plus reviews of flared arches are rather hit and miss.

3- Camber arms, but I'm unsure of the level of camber I would need would have a detriment to grip levels or indeed tyre wear, I'm not really sure how they work?? I will be having BC Coilovers fitted and a hunter hawkeye alignment done by abbey motorsport on the 29th if that helps at all?

I'm looking for advice basically on the camber arms. Looking at the pictures, do you guys thing camber arms would solve the issue? I would think the rears need 2-3cm pulling back under the arches, and the fronts maybe 1cm if required at all, in not 100% sure.

Any other advice/opinions of course will be welcomed.

If you don't want to release the wheels to the forum yet, PM me some pictures, that fitment isn't bad at all.

You won't need arch extensions.

Are you lowered? If not, that's problem number one. As lowering the car, it will dial in the camber a tad.

Camber arms - You will need rears for when you lower the car on coilover (depending on how low you go)

Front's are perfectly fine, I'm assuming the car isn't lowered, but when it does get lowered the fitment there will be perfect.

Arch flaring is an option, it's not as bad as you think...albeit we had a bad time on my fronts, but that was because we had to be very excessive. Your's isn't bad at all.

What tyre sizes are you running?

90% this forum will tell you to get different wheels. I'm the minority along with a few others who will help you make these fit :)

IMO just lowering the car, and these will fit fine.

• Like 1