The wet right leg.

Rook

I have searched but it's difficult to know what to search for, so haven't found anything other than people talking about the problem rather than fixing it.

Has anybody see a solution for the water coming pouring into the car off the windscreen if a window's open?

I have the window down pretty much all the time I'm driving, I like the fresh(ish) air, the soundtrack and not using the AC when it's hot. Drives me slightly mad when I have the window up, I don't care if it's the middle of winter; coat, gloves and hat on, window down.

As I'm sure you've all figured out, if you do this any water on the windscreen will find its way onto your lap.

I've seen a few people come up with ugly or ridiculous solutions, usually involving home made bits of rubber sticking out of the car, but has anyone seen a decent one?

'Don't put the window down' doesn't help, and wiping the windows before setting off doesn't help much if it's lightly raining or there's spray off the road (which somehow doesn't seem to come in through the window...

I googled it thanks, hence my remark about ugly solutions.

Wind deflectors don't work because there's no sill so you have to stick it to the A-pillar, then you can't open the door without putting the window down.

I think I'm going to try and put something between the window seal and the A-pillar around the spot where most of the water comes in. See if I can do it subtly.

I saw (when I googled before posting) people gluing what looked like a gasket from a washing machine door as a 'rain slider' but it just looks ridiculous.

A well. Thanks anyway.