Dab Headunit replace help

Macca.01

Tried to research haven't found much

Basically looking remove the standard 350 tape/cd player and replace with a double din Headunit

Looking into getting a DAB one with usb cd aux etc

If you're changing from standard radio to dab is there any wiring changes or wires I need to buy or aerial change for this

I'll probably pay someone to fit it but if I can get correct wiring replacement e.g steering wheel control wires and if need dab ones and be organised would be great.

And how successful did u find the swap ?

Thanks, I've seen that about the steering wheel etc

Sorry if didn't make it clear I was just on about whether dab had any difference as that's not stated so was wondering if anyone who has fitted one could let me know

But from what you're saying id just need a new aerial do you know if can literally just change the antenna or does it need rewiring?

Thanks for the help

AIUI, you'll need to wire a brand new aerial in and keep it separate from the existing. You can get universal splitters, but they're hit and miss at best.

Best to get a completely separate one and attach it to the inside of the windscreen somewhere :)

AIUI, you'll need to wire a brand new aerial in and keep it separate from the existing. You can get universal splitters, but they're hit and miss at best.

Best to get a completely separate one and attach it to the inside of the windscreen somewhere :)

From experience I would suggest you avoid an internally mounted glass dab antenna, they are rubbish, I know I've tried. On the Zed settled for a glass mount (external) and it's not bad, the internal mount MUST go in the black shaded area at top and centre of the windscreen. If you want absolutely perfect

Dab reception than go for a replacement body mount, I did this on the company van and travel extensively around the country, absolutely streets ahead of the Zed glass mount. Have a look at Dabonwheels, brilliant range of products and they used to refund even if you ordered the wrong item, has to be unopened obviously. Hope that helps😄

• Like 2