Must be some bargins with BMW's

steve_b

Go back now take a Z4M out and cane it, will give them a fright, then jump back into the lambo and thank them for their time.

If you just want a smile but not buy, I would suggest taking out a 135i, not driven it but would think its performance would be better than a zed.

I had a 24 hour test drive with one of those bad boys (135i coupe) - true the power is there and yes it is delivered in linear fashion but could you live with no back end out fun?! Also the cockpit is very narrow and cramped as is the seats. If it were not for the latter I would have had one! :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to get a test drive on a Z4M roadster. Phoned 3 dealerships and went into two. End result? No test drive

err.....was this before THAT test drive you had in a ZED or after and word had got around? ;)

Z4M is a crap car anyway for the money, why bother wanting to test it? :dry:

......My friendly opinion only but I liked the Z4M Coupe - but did not like the hard ride - which is good cos i got the Z in the end! :thumbs:

I am really tempted by the z4 at the moment...

they''ve fallen in price so much -

13k for a 03 spec 3.0 @ around 40/45k miles

Then I wouldn't have to wait for a modded 350z.... B)

.....put a down-payment on one with your first pay packet from Toni and Guy! :lol::bleh:

I am really tempted by the z4 at the moment...

they''ve fallen in price so much -

13k for a 03 spec 3.0 @ around 40/45k miles

Then I wouldn't have to wait for a modded 350z.... B)

.....put a down-payment on one with your first pay packet from Toni and Guy! :lol::bleh:

:lol:

I would only consider the M version......

They will be remapping them soon.

There is ones for the 335i to take it to 384bhp, 570 NM for just an extra £1000.

http://for-wheels.blogspot.com/2007/12/ ... d-ecu.html

Get that and real diff and it would be a rocketship at well below 5 secs to 62.

Go back now take a Z4M out and cane it, will give them a fright, then jump back into the lambo and thank them for their time.

If you just want a smile but not buy, I would suggest taking out a 135i, not driven it but would think its performance would be better than a zed.

I had a 24 hour test drive with one of those bad boys - true the power is there and yes it is delivered in linear fashion but could you live with no back end out fun?! Also the cockpit is very narrow and cramped as is the seats. If it were not for the latter I would have had one! :)

They will be remapping them soon.

There is ones for the 335i to take it to 384bhp, 570 NM for just an extra £1000.

http://for-wheels.blogspot.com/2007/12/ ... d-ecu.html

Get that and real diff and it would be a rocketship at well below 5 secs to 62.

I had a 24 hour test drive with one of those bad boys - true the power is there and yes it is delivered in linear fashion but could you live with no back end out fun?! Also the cockpit is very narrow and cramped as is the seats. If it were not for the latter I would have had one! :)

+ put something a bit more substantial as far as tire size is concerned on front or just replace with non-run flats to stop the understeer which'll perhaps coax the rear out :)

:thumbs: for the remap!

Not too keen on BMW dealers to be honest. They wouldn't look at my dad a few years ago at the weekend when he was in his 10 quid Tesco jeans but when he went in during the week in a nice suit after a meeting they were tripping over him. He pointed out out that he had the same amount of money as at the wweekend and walked out. On that occasion straight into a jag dealer to order an XJ8.

They didn't have much time for me either. It must be great to go home and tell your wife that you snubbed 19 people that earn twice as much you in a day..... :lol:

:lol:

To be fair Lambo bham have been exceptional. From the minute I walked in there in me shorts and T-shirt they were 100% professional and attentive. I must of been in there everyother day before actually buying and they always came over to me, offered me a cup of tea and biscuits, answered my pathetic newbie questions like 'How fast does it go?' :lol:

At no point were they patronising or condescending they readily offered me a test drive before I even confirmed I was in the market. They phone when they say they are going to phone and even phone when there's nothing to actually update me yet etc. After having the car a week of so I discovered a scratch on my sat nav screen. They picked the car up the next day on a low loader and replaced the whole system FOC. They even let me store my car there when I go away. I can honestly say that they are a zillions times better than any other dealership I have encountered.

Some will say that you should expect service like that when you buy a £90k car, but what difference does the cost of the car make? A lot of the things above, don't cost a penny. Phone calls, being polite and proffessional is free. I expected the Lambo dealer to be like BMW but a million times worse e.g middle aged men looking down on me in my flip flops and thinking I can't afford the car so I ain't bothering to get out of my seat to speak to him but they weren't.

:)

Well said! Now if McDonalds would only treat us this nice!

Bmw is not a badge like Ferrari or Lambo, it is a pretty normal car manufacturer like Audi / Nissan / etc. Many moons ago owning a BMW was like "WOW" you must be doing well " your a yuppie" or "your a show off wan%er" etc etc. It was in that era (80's) that the stigma around BMW stuck. It is not so now, many car manufacturers make models just like BMW's & BMW is now a mass producer of all types of models. IMO the BMW stigma is outdated & now rests with brands like Porsche/ Ferrari /Lambo/ etc.

IMO the BMW stigma is outdated & now rests with brands like Porsche/ Ferrari /Lambo/ etc.

Eh? Not quite sure what your saying there?

The BMW stigma is due to the non indicating ****er drivers who probably are all non owners as most are probably company or lease cars!!! Most probably couldn't actually even afford to buy a beemer but once in the seat turn into ****ing dickwads. The same probably applies to the stealers. I bet most of the employee's couldn't afford to buy one of their own cars but lord about giving it the big'un like lord muck :dry:

In my experience, anyone that BUYS a BMW usually appreciate the car and its attributes and are not feckin losers. IMO anyone in a 3 series, shirt and tie with the jacket hanging in the back, bluetooth adapter on the ear and holding a map should be shot off the road :teeth:

IMO the BMW stigma is outdated & now rests with brands like Porsche/ Ferrari /Lambo/ etc.

The BMW stigma is due to the non indicating ****er drivers who probably are all non owners as most are probably company or lease cars!!! Most probably couldn't actually even afford to buy a beemer but once in the seat turn into ****ing dickwads. The same probably applies to the stealers. I bet most of the employee's couldn't afford to buy one of their own cars but lord about giving it the big'un like lord muck :dry:

In my experience, anyone that BUYS a BMW usually appreciate the car and its attributes and are not feckin losers. IMO anyone in a 3 series, shirt and tie with the jacket hanging in the back, bluetooth adapter on the ear and holding a map should be shot off the road :teeth:

Top rant dawg, I agree with you totally. No longer does BMW hold that executive sophisticated look, there all just Ten a Penny!!!

Ok we still hold the Datsun heritage (excluding them faggots in Lambo's) but in all honesty how many 350's do you see driving down the road??? Ok yeah it's early days so yeah I can chat sh1t :p

Top rant dawg, I agree with you totally. No longer does BMW hold that executive sophisticated look, there all just Ten a Penny!!!

Ok we still hold the Datsun heritage (excluding them faggots in Lambo's) but in all honesty how many 350's do you see driving down the road??? Ok yeah it's early days so yeah I can chat sh1t :p

The thing was, in the 80's a bmw signalled money/success. In the 90's HP became prevalent as did company cars and leasing etc. This spawned the ******* we have on the roads today. I would bet £100 that at least 60% of bmw owners I see do not own their cars. I would buy a BMW but it would have to be a top of the range kind of model like an M5,M6,M3 or a Z4M..........I would replace the indicator bulbs with bloody xenon bulbs so everyone can see me indicating :lol::lol:

The thing was, in the 80's a bmw signalled money/success. In the 90's HP became prevalent as did company cars and leasing etc. This spawned the ******* we have on the roads today. I would bet £100 that at least 60% of bmw owners I see do not own their cars. I would buy a BMW but it would have to be a top of the range kind of model like an M5,M6,M3 or a Z4M..........I would replace the indicatoe bulbs with bloody xenon bulbs so everyone can see me indicating :lol::lol:

Do they make BM's with indicators???

The thing was, in the 80's a bmw signalled money/success. In the 90's HP became prevalent as did company cars and leasing etc. This spawned the ******* we have on the roads today. I would bet £100 that at least 60% of bmw owners I see do not own their cars. I would buy a BMW but it would have to be a top of the range kind of model like an M5,M6,M3 or a Z4M..........I would replace the indicatoe bulbs with bloody xenon bulbs so everyone can see me indicating :lol::lol:

Its a £3000 extra :D

Think they'd sooner haver the xtra coat hanger :lol:

Think they'd sooner haver the xtra coat hanger :lol:

:lol: I agree with wwhat you say Sarnie. I don't see how a stigma can be attached to cars that genuinely do perform and all Ferrari / (proper) Porsche / Lambo drivers I have seen use their indicators and don't drive like they own the road! The BMW one is fully justified! :lol:

Have to agree with your summary of that dealer in Birmingham Sarnie.

They offered myself and Tracy test drives on the day, though Tracy had not got her license with her so we declined. Left our details for contact toward the end of January.

They have made contact, offered test drives, sent over stock lists, and been thoroughly professional since our initial chat with them the day after our night out in Birmingham.

Ill certainly be back there as soon as our wedding is out of the way in July, as they are incredibly pleasant to deal with.

Have to agree with your summary of that dealer in Birmingham Sarnie.

They offered myself and Tracy test drives on the day, though Tracy had not got her license with her so we declined. Left our details for contact toward the end of January.

They have made contact, offered test drives, sent over stock lists, and been thoroughly professional since our initial chat with them the day after our night out in Birmingham.

Ill certainly be back there as soon as our wedding is out of the way in July, as they are incredibly pleasant to deal with.

Superb aren't they. Its not hard to keep people happy. Just do what you say your going to do.

I've been in there this week too, they are INCREDIBLY nice when they hear the words ''I'm thinking of a change....'' :lol:

I mean in relation to owning a BMW means "I v made it in life". Some of their models are pretty cheap & ordinary & on the used car market are even cheaper than ever. Where as to own a newish Porsche or Ferrari would make people in this day & age think " he must be doing well, probably a city boy or sumit" because they are still expensive cars overall. (apart from Boxster & Cayenne).

I suppose I m refering to a different stigma than you who are talking about the @*!# BMW sales nobby driver who are ever present!

I mean in relation to owning a BMW means "I v made it in life". Some of their models are pretty cheap & ordinary & on the used car market are even cheaper than ever. Where as to own a newish Porsche or Ferrari would make people in this day & age think " he must be doing well, probably a city boy or sumit" because they are still expensive cars overall. (apart from Boxster & Cayenne).

Ah, I get ya now :thumbs:

Gents

Do not think you should judge a person by "what" they drive but "how" they drive.

Sure must be decent people in Astras (when I drive the wifes car) and I have meet good people that are not gay or hairdressers that drive a TT.

Trust me there is a great bunch of friendly people on BM club sites so I do not judge them by what they drive.

I have also meet in the flesh and over the internet some complete and utter ar5eholes that drive a 350z and think they should have been put down at birth but I do not think the majority that drive a zed have this problem.

Just my 2 cents worth