Must be some bargins with BMW's

steve_b

Gents

Do not think you should judge a person by "what" they drive but "how" they drive.

Sure must be decent people in Astras (when I drive the wifes car) and I have meet good people that are not gay or hairdressers that drive a TT.

Trust me there is a great bunch of friendly people on BM club sites so I do not judge them by what they drive.

I have also meet in the flesh and over the internet some complete and utter ar5eholes that drive a 350z and think they should have been put down at birth but I do not think the majority that drive a zed have this problem.

Just my 2 cents worth

Completely agree with you Steve :thumbs:

But it is the majority of BM 'drivers' that make it appear that all of them are the same. Club sites are likely to be decent people and drivers, but even they must see the image be ruined by the arrogant rep. :dry:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents

Do not think you should judge a person by "what" they drive but "how" they drive.

Sure must be decent people in Astras (when I drive the wifes car) and I have meet good people that are not gay or hairdressers that drive a TT.

Trust me there is a great bunch of friendly people on BM club sites so I do not judge them by what they drive.

I have also meet in the flesh and over the internet some complete and utter ar5eholes that drive a 350z and think they should have been put down at birth but I do not think the majority that drive a zed have this problem.

Just my 2 cents worth

+1

I dont judge people by there cars, i mean Sarnie Drives a Lambo but he's still an arse! :p:teeth:

Me and my mate went into Porsche, having turned up in his mud covered focus i would have thought we'd get the cold shoulder but i was wrong. They were very welcoming offering us drinks and chatting to us about the cars and servicing. Both the receptionist and salesman were very polite and genuinely enthusiastic about their cars. They even let us have a look around the Porsche GT they had in the window.

If i had the money id be quite happy to pop along and get myself a 911 GT3 RS :teeth:

Gents

Just my 2 cents worth

Steve,

I get your point and I can honest say that it IS the driving attitude of the MAJORITY of these people that put me off them.....

The whole, up your arse two foot from your bumper on the motorway when there is nowhere to go, no indications.... hogging lanes etc....

Completely agree but your point falls down on the point that "in my experience" most of the people driving BMWs are NOT "drivers" and therefore drive like complete idiots....

Don't take offence to you or Kev etc, its just that the whole Prestige badge thing has become overtaken by wannabee "made it" people dying to prove how "successful" they are.....

Top rants Steve (coat hanger boy).... Hopefully meet up again soon.... You can buy me some beverages not mentioning any bbq food ;)

btw this why you sold "met some complete and utter ar5eholes that drive a 350z and think they should have been put down at birth" :lol:

Gents

Just my 2 cents worth

+1

I dont judge people by there cars, i mean Sarnie Drives a Lambo but he's still an arse! :p:teeth:

Me and my mate went into Porsche, having turned up in his mud covered focus i would have thought we'd get the cold shoulder but i was wrong. They were very welcoming offering us drinks and chatting to us about the cars and servicing. Both the receptionist and salesman were very polite and genuinely enthusiastic about their cars. They even let us have a look around the Porsche GT they had in the window.

If i had the money id be quite happy to pop along and get myself a 911 GT3 RS :teeth:

Porsche did exactly the same to me, and of all dealerships I have been into, they are by far the best. Arranged test drives, offered drinks and snacks, printed finance details off and with no pressure at all. :)

The attitude of some people on the other channel did make it easier to go a differnet way, but honestly it was all down to towing the 7 about.

If you can name a different car other than the 5 series that can tow, be less than 2-3 years old, is NOT a 4x4 or people carrier, be comfy etc.

My wife is a midwife and everytime I had to tow the 7, it was unload her kit, load my kit, drive around in a 1800 SRi and then do the unload and reload thing and finally put the trailer back into the garage. At midnight in the rain this becomes a PITA. With the 5, I can just leave everything as is, so if you see a 5 touring with a set of 13 inch slicks, 13 inch wets, trolley jack, 2 x 20ltr gerry cans and a hole bunch of tools then that will be me, not being ar5e to unpack.

May sound a bit odd, but there is a lot to be said about the new Mondeo as not bad car for the money. But they have not done a RS version yet so too late Ford.

PS If I am at one of the meets then no probs about buying you a beer and food

Top rants Steve (coat hanger boy).... Hopefully meet up again soon.... You can buy me some beverages not mentioning any bbq food ;)

btw this why you sold "met some complete and utter ar5eholes that drive a 350z and think they should have been put down at birth" :lol:

Volvo, Merc, VW and Audi are really boring. All tend to be diesel and slow.

Jag, well its just an old mondeo.

Mondeo, did look at but still to slow and the quick one will not be out for a little while.

Otherwise it was close to top of list.

I was either going to get 535d or 550 but worried about turbo's blowing up or the ease of resell for a 5 ltr petrol in 3 years time. 3 ltr petrol was a best compromise.

Mine is 6.2 to 60 and I think still looks okay.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/download.php?id=2239

Volvo, Merc, VW and Audi are really boring. All tend to be diesel and slow.

Jag, well its just an old mondeo.

Mondeo, did look at but still to slow and the quick one will not be out for a little while.

Otherwise it was close to top of list.

I was either going to get 535d or 550 but worried about turbo's blowing up or the ease of resell for a 5 ltr petrol in 3 years time. 3 ltr petrol was a best compromise.

Mine is 6.2 to 60 and I think still looks okay.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/download.php?id=2239

Had alittle play with one of these. Although it was a barge round the bends it wasnt that bad on a straight.

If i was getting one id get a 535d, torque monster :teeth: