Tesla Model 3 announced....it'll be a long wait for people ordering in the UK..

gangzoom

Sadly the thousands who own the company aren't so convinced :p

Tesla is the equivalent of Apple. No doubt it's a decent product, but some people buy simply because they fall for the marketing. Dare I admit that the Model S has its place in the performance saloon world, but this is a mess of ugly, uselessness and hype.

I wonder how many of those pre-orders will be cancelled? It's certainly going to be a rare sight on the roads in the UK, at least.

• Like 1

^^ I thought you are one of the people who have an Apple Watch ;)

I'm not sure what 'marketing' your talking about, incase you haven't noticed Tesla haven't spent a single $ on adverts unlike say BMW/Apple. You should know as much as anyone how much share prices have got nothing to do with anything. Remember the critics of the original iPod, iPhone, even when Apple dropped the floppy disc drive and replace it with a USB port?? Progress is about been brave enough to push past conventions.

We can agree to disagree for as long as we like, your right the Model 3 will be a rare sight on UK roads, for no reason other than it looks like the preorders in North American market alone has pretty much tied up Tesla's entire production runs on the Model 3 runs for first 18 months+. Hence I'm getting my self a S at Xmas this year, despite the fact the Model 3 is much better value for money.

The final production car actually isn't going to be revealed till 2017, actually I woudlnt be susprised if pre-orders hit 1 million+ by than.....anyone know the record for number of pre-orders on a car??

Edited by gangzoom

Speaking of Apple, I didn't even realise Apple had launched a new iPhone that went on sale last Friday. Maybe some of those people queing up for a Model 3 pre-order accidently got in the wrong line and ended up putting $1000 on a car rather than a new phone :)

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/31/iphone-se-launch-overshadowed-by-tesla/

Edited by gangzoom

... what a horrible car. The pace is not enough to warrant a purchase of one if your into cars. Its an 'A to B' car...a fast one but still one none the less. And Tesla interiors don't seem to be that nice...and having nothing in them except a horrid big screen. Think this ones smaller but ..Nope lol.

I'm not sure what 'marketing' your talking about, incase you haven't noticed Tesla haven't spent a single $ on adverts unlike say BMW/Apple.

As someone who is heavily involved with one of the biggest marketing corporations on the planet, I can promise you that there is more to marketing than just spending money on adverts. ;)

Tesla market themselves just as much as Apple or BMW, they just have a different strategy.