Bit of a problem finding good brake disks

Toon Chris

I've got a Infiniti FX30d which uses the same front brake disks as the 370z - or so i thought.

It seems to depend on which site you look on as the Z has varying sizes listed for it, and this makes buying a little confusing.

Why? because I want some decent disks and they seem to e listed for the Z more than my Infiniti.

I need 355mm Diameter , 49mm Height , 32/30mm Thick which are commonly listed as D7512 in the EBC catalogue.

The FX is known for putting a lot of strain on the front disks (Its powerful and yet weights a tad more than a chieftain tank). The EBC disks I bought last time warped about a month after purchase. I've struggled on but am getting peed off with the vibration so want to replace them with plain disks of good quality.

Anyone out there got any suggestions for a decent brand with a plain disk that can take the strain but not very silly money? I'll pay over the EBC price of course but lets not get all 'ceramic' on the wallet !

I suppose this is aimed more at the traders, and I have looked at the trader sites, some of which the links don't work, some of which sell EBC or big brake kits only and some of which quote a different size for the 370Z :wacko:

dba42314S - 2 in stock - slotted

dba42314BLKXS - 3 in stock - drilled and slotted

Try Clarks Motorsport maybe they stock other versions.

How about StopTech discs?

Thanks. StopTech would be good but they aren't plain. I know it sounds fussy but you pay to have those grooves cut out and having plain means I'm better able to afford to buy a premium brand :)

Are you sure the EBC discs were fitted correctly , if the faces arent prepared correctly they can warp?

Eurocarparts do stock Brembo but dont have anything for the 370z only the GTR (R35)

As Adrian said DBA's are the best quality that are widely available but they are pricey, personally I cant help think that EBC should be fine if fitted correctly.

Are you sure the EBC discs were fitted correctly , if the faces arent prepared correctly they can warp?

Eurocarparts do stock Brembo but dont have anything for the 370z only the GTR (R35)

As Adrian said DBA's are the best quality that are widely available but they are pricey, personally I cant help think that EBC should be fine if fitted correctly.

Def sure they were fitted correctly. The head Infiniti engineer checked himself. These cars are 2.2 tonnes and known to warp disks. I want to try the best I can afford.

Yeah, so I am finding. DBA do list a plain 4000 series disc but I've been told even they don't have stock of it.

I've bitten the bullet and gone for the DBA with a few grooves. A very good price form Clark Motorsport sweetened the pill :)

Fingers crossed that smooth braking awaits :D