Are these Brakes Bedded in??

monkeybrain1234

New Front Brembo Disc's and Hawk HPS Pads. Did the bed kind of as per Hawks Website (Although it was not really done by the book as it was my first time doing this) I thought the motorway would be quiet at 23:00 but amazing how quickly lorries catches up when doing this!

I have never done bedding in before so no idea what I am looking for or even if I pressed hard enough on the stop pedal! :wacko:

Fronts look like this after?? Do they look okay, any thoughts? :surrender:

tB5yIVz.jpg

QmLIvV3.jpg

DenLgRH.jpg

UCLfxhS.jpg

Thanks ZMANALEX, what am I looking for after, heard a bluish tinge should be apparent and somewhere else I heard a grey build up!

Read the 4th paragraph from the end of the Stoptech procedure.

Yeah read it all. Still confused about it. Blue on disc but with grey coating! Think I may just leave it as have no real idea if it's done or not.

Sure they will just bed in over time.

Bed in over time.... that's not bedding in, thats's just wear.

It's not hard, just speed up ten times to 60mph and firmly brake (don't lock up or trigger ABS) to a roll (15mph) and accellerate again, then drive to cool brakes for about 5 mins and then repeat whole cycle.

best find a quiet straight-ish countryroad/dual carriageway for this kind of thing

• Like 1