WANT ONE.. no scratch that NEED a ZED!

Synx

Hi,

I am looking to own my very first 350z. I have been dreaming of owning one for years now and I feel now is the correct time to get one as a 2nd car. (well my car and the misses can have the A4)

I would prefer the lower tax version, with heated seats and good sound system!!? (is it worth it? are the speakers better? Is the sub any good?)

No crazy body kits or anything mental like that

Give me a shout if you have one for around £7500 or less?

Also any rough ideas on insurance for a 30year old 8 years+ no claims 2nd car?

Cheers

Stephen

Welcome along...good luck finding the zed you are after.

If you have a look around the forum I'm sure you will find what you are after regarding the sound system.

If its a UK zed and not an import then the majority of them have all that anyways.

I'd say insurance will be £500 max, but don't quote me on that - this is based on the fact I'm 21 with 1 years NCB and costs around £1300, dropping to near £900 in a few months due to being 22 and 2 years NCB

The Bose system is very good, although it does have a few niggles with skipping occasionally with age

Any preference on colours? What sort of mileage?

Check the "Zeds for sale" section on the forum, there's always a few nice ones in there, and you get peace of mind knowing it's been owned by an enthusiast and well looked after.

That sort of money will get you a VERY tidy pre facelift car :)

Cheers for the reply's. Another quick question. Is it worth going for an older zed with new clutch or one with say 45k on the clock that may need ones soon??

All depends really. I mean mine is at 46k miles and if i gun it and pop out the clutch it can slip quite a bit so I'm planning on changing mine soon. Some other people are still on there clutch from factory and sitting at almost 100k miles.

Got mine 2005 with 77k on the clock a week later had do buy a clutch (don't forget it will need a new flywheel too ideally) and wheels aligned and the front lower bushes had gone (common problem). As with above mileage shouldn't be a deal-breaker. Speak to the owner and look at service history.

The boss system is a bit naff IMO. I was underwhelmed.

Hello and welcome , buy generally on the condition of the Z and documented history, bought mine 2 months ago and having the P3 service/aux belts mot done at cougar store today so I would say get a well looked after Z (good ones on the forum excellent option) and be prepared to spend a little cash and TLC to make it yours :D

Also please take good friend to view so you don't get seduce by the might Z :scare: ( I was seduced when I ought my first Z last year which I then returned t dealer)

My pennies worth

Thanks everyone. So much to consider as with buying every car. I'm trying to be patient and not rush out and buy the first one I see. Hahaha it's hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk