Rare JDM Engine Harness

gumpy000

So I have just bought off a member on here a new JDM harness. Havent got round to fitting it yet as im at work but quickly went out to the car and put up against where it would fit to see what is required.

Bare in mind I was littrally there for less than a minute or i may sound stupid but how easy are these to fit and do they definately fit a UK spec as well as a JDM?

Looks like the harness wasnt going to fit over some of my wiring. Also there are bolts included which i guess replace the bolts already there but how do i remove the existing. I have a bolt coming up from the engine. Pictures i have seen seem to have the new bolts going down into the engine. Does this make sense?

any quick fitting guides on here>? cant seem to find any.

If not i may be looking to sell on....

Tried to find you a guide or the original instructions in PDF form but just couldn't find anything useful sorry. I know a few members have fitted these so don't give up too easily gumpy.

From what I've read a few people have mentioned having problems fitting a specific allen key head bolt as they didn't have the correct tool to get in the space they need but others have said it's a doddle to fit (from my350Z US forum).

I'm pretty sure Ian had one of these, maybe Wasso too?? Might be worth a PM to see if they can shed any light on fitting.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/8059-ian/

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/6-wasso/

A Fitted picture below in case that helps. Probably not though. :lol:

silver-1.jpg

More pictures from different angles in this thread from another member: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71406-fitted-ironhide-cooling-panel/

Good luck. :thumbs:

I just removed my engine cover and put it on, didnt have any nuts for the bolts sticking out as the original ones have a top on them so only go down so far so need to get them but other than that didnt see anything else I had to do

Edited by jumping350

anyone else?

the two screws at the front. I got extra bolts do the existing ones strew out somehow? and new ones replace?

im nearly finished at work so have a look then but would love to know before i break anything

I think you're over thinking this tbh. ;)

Looks really simple to fit to me unless I'm missing something? :shrug::lol:

Just take your time with it, remove your engine cover and it should be a fairly straight forward affair of removing a few bolts, adjusting the wiring harness, fitting the cover & bolting in place.

Did you ask Ian or Wasso? I'm sure they could help you with more info.

Link (post number 3 shows Ian's fitted JDM cover): http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=53872

Sorry I sound like I was thinking a lot and panicking. I was having a hard bad day at work. It so happens that the screws come out. But like the others. The Allen key is an issue as doesnt give u any room to fit standard Allen key in. But in the morning in the light I will try again.

Sorry for the moaning and thank u GM. HAHA

Edited by gumpy000
  • Like 1

Miles away. Further than the back and beyond. In North Norfolk bud. Shame I ain't closer to you guys. Or near a motorway Id head over but takes two hrs just to get to one. Hahaha. What's my options?

Edited by gumpy000

Miles away. Further than the back and beyond. In North Norfolk bud. Shame I ain't closer to you guys. Or near a motorway Id head over but takes two hrs just to get to one. Hahaha. What's my options?

Well by the sounds of it from Payco's post you just need to modify an allen key slightly to suit. ;)

I'm guessing the curved head just needs to be shortened so you can fit the allen key in a gap so you could do this with a grinder (bench or handheld) or cut it shorter with a metal saw or Dremel. :)

The guys know more than me but relax and just fit it. Best case scenario it goes straight on happy days. Worst case scenario you do something badly wrong leafing to a major fault requiring a complete engine rebuild* and there's a DE engine in the for sale section...

Either way you have options :D

*100% won't happen

I can dig out my Allen key and send it you you mate if you really need it as I no longer have the rare JDM cover.Send me a PM if you need my help and I will have a hunt for it.

• Like 2