respray- rear window removal??

LDUNKZ18

im planning having my rear window removed when i respray my z. has anyone ever had theirs removed and are they easy enough to come out? will be window remover doing it but worried if their hard to come out and he brakes it i might find it hard getting one for a good price.

A window guy will get the rear screen out easy but you'll need a new trim, and apparently they don't make pattern ones! and a genuine from Nissan is about £110 if I remember right, also the guy that did my rear screen refused to do the quarters as the rubber surround is moulded to the glass and very difficult to get out without damaging. I managed to get them out myself with a sharp flat scraper under the trim but it was quite tricky and time consuming

zzzebaby- yeah any good painter should be able to mask it but thats not the point, maybe I'm just fussy but when its a complete change of colour i'd rather take the window out and have it all cleaned behind the glass and fresh paint put down on it.. and it looks like the rubber is fairly hard, i've not tried yet to see if trim tape will work on it.. if worse comes to worse i'll just fine line mask it.... I've mask much harder things in the past.

yeah chippychip my point exactly- most painters will want windows out etc when doing a change of colour. when the z was painted white by previous owner he didnt mask it well so unless i can get the paint off the edge of the rubber i will removed the window and just get a new rubber... like i say im fussy and being a painter having paint on a seal or rubber really grinds my gears.

When i had a front screen taken out on my previous car they did say that its at your own risk as they cat gurantee it wont break so just make sure they will take responsibility if it breaks.