Maybe need new tyres - constant wheelspin!

marzman

Sorry bud, but you've got a 300bhp rear wheel drive sports car. The only thing that keeps you on the road are 4 patches of rubber and surely you want the car to stay on the road.

Very true. Basically, any kind of electronic control system in any car will only go so far. If you bury the pedal in the carpet in the wet then you have to be aware of the consequences.

If we all drove totally manual cars (no ESP, traction control, ABS, power steering, etc) then we'd learn that it's not appropriate to floor it in those circumstances. Feather the throttle ever so slightly to feed the power in and it's much less of an issue.

I don't want to sound patronising but I don't think tyres are your problem, it's your driving style. I'm guilty too though! :blush:

As for tyres, I just put 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 2's (245/19 & 275/19) on my Zed because I couldn't get any other top branded tyre in those sizes :( I would have had Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric's, or Bridgestone RE050-A's, etc. But no, the only tyres that were available are the most expensive. :headhurt:

£835 inc wheel alignment :(

Ouch :scare:

I paid £500 for a set of 19 inch Pirelli's :blush:

Pilot sports will last the longest of any of the rubber mentioned so far, so they may cost more but they last longer :)

I have noticed in the past that Contis cost less than Pilots but last for less time too - but the miles per pound work out about the same. I`ll be interested to hear how the Pilots work out for you.

Ouch :scare:

I paid £500 for a set of 19 inch Pirelli's :blush:

Yeah, I wasn't keen on the Pirellis this time, I had P Zeros previously and fancied a change.

Oh well, if I don't spend the money on the car I'll only spend it on something far more sensible. :yahoo:

Dont the JDM tiptronic have a snow button too?

maybe worth playing about with that see if it helps why the roads are super greasy. I was spinning up in 3rd today too.

Definately think about tyres though.

Yes - the JDM tiptronic has a snow button, but it's only really for extreme circumstances. I used it the other day in the station car park which was covered in black ice, and it definitely made it much safer, but very slow (keeps the revs down) :thumbs: