Appreciation

AdrianL

I'm sure this is nothing new to you guys but thought it was interesting to learn our 350's are currently appreciating, looking at the historic retail valuations from the past year (this is based on a 2004 @ 75k miles):

eRkoM8r.png

• Like 1

Can't quite get my head around this...a car with 75k miles on it now, would I think by default be worth more than the identical car a year ago with the same mileage? As its a year older, with same miles, people pay more for lower mileage cars vs age so isn't that the reason the price is higher more than appreciation? I would agree with JP that prices haven't really budged in terms of what people are buying them up at?

Be interesting to see what prices come back on a basic Ford Focus 1.8 2004 just as an example...

Edited by coldel

Can't quite get my head around this...a car with 75k miles on it now, would I think by default be worth more than the identical car a year ago with the same mileage? As its a year older, with same miles, people pay more for lower mileage cars vs age so isn't that the reason the price is higher more than appreciation? I would agree with JP that prices haven't really budged in terms of what people are buying them up at?

Be interesting to see what prices come back on a basic Ford Focus 1.8 2004 just as an example...

Fair point to be honest mate. That's based on the mileage being the same over the year.

Ford Focus 1.8 2004 (TDCi Zetec 3Dr) @ 75000 miles:

hdpqwWf.png

Edited by AdrianL

Here's a 2004 350Z at 90000 miles. Looking at retail prices only, if you bought it in March 2015 with 75k miles and sold it with 90k miles in Feb last month then you would have made £150. Not massive but not bad for +15k miles and 1 year older.

Xza1MS1.png

I think that still counts as appreciation B)

Edited by AdrianL

I mentioned elsewhere the glory days of the late 90's and early 00's have gone if you want a japaense sports car, no more supras, rx7, s2000 etc, since the 350z was released there really arent any offerings (370z excluded) which imo is another reason the 350z is holding firm, there is literally nothing else filtering down unless you want a rally rep (also no more).