[SOLD]Bilstein B6 Sport Shock Absorbers £330

GeorgeB

These shocks have done about 4000 - 5000 miles, and are less than 2 years old. Just had them removed from my 2008 350Z HR.

The large washer (?) is missing from the top of the second shock from the right.

In Coventry

£330 + P&P

IMG_20160306_180555-min_zpsiz359qlj.jpg

Edited by GeorgeB

These shocks have done about 4000 - 5000 miles, and are less than 2 years old. Just had them removed from my 2008 350Z HR.

The large washer (?) is missing from the top of the second shock from the right.

How come you're selling? Does the ride become much stiffer? Guessing the washer can be bought separately?

Great bit of kit for the zed and paired with the tein springs , a genuinely great road set up .... So good I had them on my zed ! ........ Oh wait a minute ;)

Did you sell these to GeorgeB?!

I have B6's with Tein S springs on my car at the moment, very good quality, maybe a little bumpier at under 30mph but above that far, far superior.

Do a search if you want.

And it's just a washer, ebay one (maybe George could measure and tell).

• Like 1

I bought Bodyboarder81's 350 Z, along with a full set of Ohlins suspension. I had the Ohlins fitted almost straight away. Having never driven a 350 with standard suspension I couldn't tell you how they compare, but I think there are lots of reviews on here.

I certainly didn't have any complaints about the ride on the tein / bilstein setup, but having read about the ohlins, and them being available from bodyboarder81 with loads of other planned mods to the car I couldn't resist!

Edited by GeorgeB
  • Like 2

I have B6's with Tein S springs on my car at the moment, very good quality, maybe a little bumpier at under 30mph but above that far, far superior.

Do a search if you want.

And it's just a washer, ebay one (maybe George could measure and tell).

Good man, I don't want to increase crashiness at low speed - is it harsher bumpier or just a bit firmer?

I bought Bodyboarder81's 350 Z, along with a full set of Ohlins suspension. I had the Ohlins fitted almost straight away. Having never driven a 350 with standard suspension I couldn't tell you how they compare, but I think there are lots of reviews on here.

I certainly didn't have any complaints about the ride on the tein / bilstein setup, but having read about the ohlins, and them being available from bodyboarder81 with loads of other planned mods to the car I couldn't resist!

That's a sweet Z you got there! With Ohlins too :thumbs:

Will have a think and do a bit of research

Edited by Oversteer
  • Like 1

I've got B6s on my car and would highly recommend them. Yes, the ride is a bit stiffer but no less compliant than stock. The car feels more composed and controllable and it actually handles potholes better. When I first got them I found myself tensing up as I approached a particularly bad stretch of road but was amazed how well the suspension dealt with it. It practically glides over some of the rough stuff. I agree it can sometimes be a bit unsettled at low speeds on bad surfaces but is perfectly acceptable and improves with road speed. Go and buy some... you won't regret it.

• Like 1

I've got B6s on my car and would highly recommend them. Yes, the ride is a bit stiffer but no less compliant than stock. The car feels more composed and controllable and it actually handles potholes better. When I first got them I found myself tensing up as I approached a particularly bad stretch of road but was amazed how well the suspension dealt with it. It practically glides over some of the rough stuff. I agree it can sometimes be a bit unsettled at low speeds on bad surfaces but is perfectly acceptable and improves with road speed. Go and buy some... you won't regret it.

Was very tempted but I've just spent a grand changing fluids, drop links, brakes and found out my clutch slave cylinder is buggered so having an HR means that's a gearbox out job. One of the reasons I bought the Z was the compliant ride and after the grand recently spent, she's handling a lot tighter. Any suspension upgrades are on hold whilst I get the clutch sorted.

These look in good condition & low mileage.

GLWTS :thumbs:

Edited by Oversteer

• 1 month later...