Straighter Sidewall Recommendations?

RorySolow

I'm running some Pirelli W240 Sottozero Serie II 295/35 R19 in the rear at the moment. With Tein S-Tech springs they fit the wheel arches brilliantly and are hugely reliable in the cold and wet, but I'm not too keen on the bulging sidewall.

Could forum members recommend some tyres with a straighter side wall?

I'd like to go 295/35/19 in the rear (which can be harder to come by) and 265/35/19 front. Rim spec, if interested: Rear 11x19 / Front 9.5x19.

12424394_1084380028259129_1029490182_n_1.jpg

Please don't pick tyres based on how they look. They're the only thing keeping you on the road, so buy them based on how they perform.

OK, let me put it another way: Can anyone recommend the best rim-protecting tyres? I think I've worked out the reason why they appear to have a bulge - there is no lip that covers the edge of the rims.

Right, I see what you're getting at now. The same rule applies though.

That said, the MPSS have excellent rim protection on them, other tyres probably do too but I don't know any off hand. If you don't fancy those then you could put on some of those AlloyGator things, or just be careful when you're parking/manoeuvring.