Nismo Manifolds...legit?

Ceejay29

My concern with buying used is longevity. As it is labour intensive you wouldn't want to have to replace them after a 1000 miles with a new set. Seems rather expensive for a 5bhp gain.

As for your comment regarding supercharging; I have read that OEM manifolds are pretty poor. Surely the increase in bore and developed design will benefit regardless of your set up? I would have thought that you would gain more if supercharger?

(BTW I am ASSUMING :lol:)

My concern with buying used is longevity. As it is labour intensive you wouldn't want to have to replace them after a 1000 miles with a new set. Seems rather expensive for a 5bhp gain.

As for your comment regarding supercharging; I have read that OEM manifolds are pretty poor. Surely the increase in bore and developed design will benefit regardless of your set up? I would have thought that you would gain more if supercharger?

(BTW I am ASSUMING :lol:)

thats what i assumed too but seemingly its to do with back pressure, would be good to hear from someone with experience

• Like 1

I have headers with my sc and still do and only gains to be had.

That's a genuine Nismo header. If I did already have headers I would go for it. I'll be going for long tube headers as they have slightly more gains due to better scavenging.

Ultimately you have to measure cost vs gains and it's low unless if you have your engine out already or DIY.

Secondly used DC/stillen etc or even an HR/VHR header is the same gains and will be cheaper. I got a set for ForgedGt4 here. You need to use an HR cat/decat to get it to fit to your y pipe.

I would not be concerned about longevity from Nismo or the big brands.

• Like 2

Brand new they are pretty pricey, nearly three times the price incl postage. Came very close to purchasing; ultimately put off at the thought of them being thrashed on a race car for 5000 miles

Edit: scrap that; nearly four times the price

Edited by Ceejay29