Seeking a bit of knowledge regarding suspenion knock.

Hayd350

Afternoon chaps,

Recently lowered my car on Tein's and straight after noticed a slight knocking and creaking from the drivers side. I've been round every nut to re tighten and all is well there.

I've spent hundreds in the past fault finding so i know it's not the banana arms as they are brand new on both sides,

i've also had the hub assembly and i believe the anti roll bar link on this side swapped too.

Can anyone with suspension knowledge give me some advice as to what to check first based on a recent lowering, seems more audible

at lower speeds and definitely creeks as soon as i get it. Could an adjustment in camber have upset a tired bush on the lower control arm or something?

Just trying to avoid the whole trial and error garage bill that's all.

Thanks in advance.

Hayd.

Have you lowered it onto Oem shocks? Tighter springs might be highlighting a problem with them. No leaking from them/drivers side by any chance?

It's on stock shocks but they're bone dry mate. I noticed it as soon as i dropped it so I'd originally assumed I'd simply missed a nut. I'm guessing shock damage may occur over time but not instantly.

Edited by Hayd350

I have Teins on OEM shocks on mine, but due to lowering changed the ARB links with adjustable ones as the OEM links will be slightly too long.

Got Whiteline adjustable links on mine, all good

If the ARB links were too long would this create a bit of knocking? I did look at adjustable links but didn't think they were required with such a short drop.

I am on Tein S springs with standard shocks and have been for 3 years. No issues. You haven't changed your rims have you ?.

Not yet no, although an order has gone in so don't really fancy annihilating the tyre fund on suspension fault finding. To be fair it sounds like a toned down version of the noise emitted from the banana arm bushes when they start to go so i figure it's just another bush on another arm. Just difficult to figure out which one so was curious if there were any other notoriously iffy bushes that would be worth focusing my attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah they seem to be pretty sensitive even with a minor drop so i swapped them both and it's now silent again. I'll see how long i get out of them and maybe look at getting some adjustables next time they fail. I was just a happy it was an easy fix and something i could mess about with on my driveway.