Fearing the worst! Strange noise from engine bay. Updated!! Found the problem.

nowhereboy

• 1 month later...

From the last video, it sounded like it wasn't firing on all cylinders.

Agreed from what I can tell here, sounds like my engine when one of my coil packs gave up - but you'd know a misfire from the loss of power.

From what I read there this only happens under load? I did skim through the replies do far but have you tried doing all the usual re-sets - MAF/Throttle Body etc.

sounds like it could be some sort of vaccum issue maybe?

No loss of power at all :shrug:

I haven't tried the usual re sets actually, I'll give it a go over the weekend. It's been in 3 different garages and nobody has any idea what it is. The noise hasn't gotten any worse in 2 thousand miles either, I'm pretty much just ignoring it for the time being.

I plan on getting a new exhaust fitted soon and I'm quietly hoping that somehow solves the problem, worst comes too at least it will drown the noise out :lol:

Having listened to the videos, it sounds like manifold to cat joint or cat to exhaust. This would perhaps explain why it sounds worse under load as the joint flexes and opens up. All the best getting it sorted whatever it is.

• Like 1