Warning Buzzer

JetSet

The warning buzzer that tells you when you've left your lights on has stopped working on Caroline's Zed. This also happened during a cold spell in 2013 but cured itself when the ambient temperature increased to a couple of degrees above freezing. This hasn't happened this time. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pete

Oh dear! Sounds like it might have broken for good this time Jetpilot?

I only noticed yesterday that the car makes a high pitched alarm noise (only audible to cats & dogs) when you don't close the boot properly.

Im not Jetpilot :lol: . The boot buzzer buzzes when the boot has been left open for "x" amount of time, x=about a minute or two, on the roadster.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Oh dear! Sounds like it might have broken for good this time Jetpilot?

I only noticed yesterday that the car makes a high pitched alarm noise (only audible to cats & dogs) when you don't close the boot properly.

Im not Jetpilot :lol: . The boot buzzer buzzes when the boot has been left open for "x" amount of time, x=about a minute or two, on the roadster.

Pete

lol Apologies, my phone likes to autocorrect for me. Not noticed the boot alarm before.

Check if the interior lights are coming on when you open the door. If not, chances are the issue is with the door open/closed sensors :thumbs:

Edit: If it is, pop the rubber cap off then spray a little WD40 on it and press it in a few times. That should drive out any moisture that got in and stopped it working properly.

Edited by longsh07
  • Like 1

O.K, so I eventually located the switch :blush: and found that it was jammed, pushed it in a few times and its working again. I'll treat it with some WD40 when I pluck up the courage to go into the black hole otherwise known as our tools cupboard :lol:

Thanks again.

Pete