Esso synergy fuel

martybhoy

Hey guys just wondered if anyone could point out what rating the new Esso Synergy fuel is?

Tried googling it and all I get the same old marketing info.

Is it useable on our Zeds or is it too low?

They have made a very big push with this new fuel so somethings got to be right with it eh?

Don't know about where you are but you get tesco clubcard points at the petrol stations here outside Glasgow.

Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded (97 octane): Our premium grade, higher octane petrol, now with more additive for superior cleaning power.**

Synergy Unleaded (95 octane): Our regular petrol grade. Now containing more additive than ever before.

Source: http://www.esso.co.uk/petrol

So Supreme+ would be OK, but you'd be better with a 99/100RON fuel.

• Like 1

HI Martybhoy,I use esso for the tesco points and last week I put £20.00 of the supreme fuel in my tank,car seemed to run better and it felt it had a bit more torgue,but I have the uprev and chris at dynamic tuning in EK said this might happen,but this week my engine management light came on,cant seem to find anything wrong but chris will check it out this week.

cheers :wacko::D

Thanks for that. Guess I'll just stick with v power then to stay on the safe side.

Really mate? I've seen a few threads about using poorer quality fuel but I've not seen anything with EML lights. Not your o2 sensor in your exhaust by any chance? Definitely worth checking out though :thumbs:

My HR runs on a mixed diet of any super unleaded 97 or more, mainly Esso or Tesco for convenience but occasionally Sainsbury's or Shell. Never noticed any significant difference in performance or economy. Not sure if that's just because it's the HR though?